Android OTA Android 4.3 firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300

Detox101

Disciple
I have heard the rumor doing rounds that Samsung has released firmware update Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3. However, I can't seem to find it on Kies or OTA. Does anyone have any idea about this?

Samsung Galaxy S III receiving Android 4.3 update in India (I9300XWUGML4)

Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Android-4.3-India.jpg

http://www.fonearena.com/blog/92705...d-4-3-jelly-bean-update-in-india-finally.html

Firmware download link: http://terafile.co/327097448989/I9300XWUGML4_I9300ODDGML4_INU.zip

I had not done the earlier 80mb update which had come some months back. Now when I am checking for updates, it tries to download that one only. Will I have to download this update to get to 4.3 one?

I have just finished updating it through ODIN + root + Titanium restore.

So, far it's good, lag-free.

Will be able to give proper feedback in 2-3 days.

Lock screen widgets - but limited options. Plus lock screen notifications (SMS, Miss call) looks/acts different.
Contacts - can link more than 5 contacts now. (But when I tried, it hanged twice.)
~700/831MB RAM usage (almost same as before. I have around 90 apps installed)
Move to SD - though I haven't tried it yet.
Settings & Notification panel changed. (two finger swipe down opens all the toggle options)
New/revamped : video+audio player, SMS view (call button on top of message threads, besides delete), Calc (looks childish with round buttons), Camera (that sound shot is useless - I am not sure how it'd display in PC or other mob), Clock.
Very creepy looking default image for contacts. :(

(bold ones are kinda improvement IMO)

They removed the stock ticker that was at the bottom on lock screen. Now have to rely on stock live wallpaper. The settings menu is now tabbed like in galaxy S4. I updated via FOTA

Just updated my S3. Overall, phone seems faster. Especially contacts which was very slow for me earlier. Minor changes in lock screen, notifications, settings etc. Everything seems fine.
Will update if I encounter any issue.

After using the S3 with the 4.3 update for a couple of day, personally I feel I should not have done the update!

Saw the following problems:
- My phone never has hanged before. After the update, it has hanged two times (in a couple of days)
- Calls seem to be taking a hell lot more of battery life. Earlier, with a lot of calls, probably 1 hour of internet, some reading and games, it used to easily go for 24 hours. Now if I make a lot of calls, battery is lasting only for 12 hours. Not very happy about that. Planning to downgrade if that is possible.
- Bluetooth audio skips now and then.

Looks like many people are not happy with the 4.3 update.
Some of the forums recommended a factory reset just to clear all the previous files/settings. WIll try it and report back later.

After having issues with the Kies and no OTA I also flashed the 4.3 update using ODIN.

Battery life is now a joke on the phone and most probably the battery is done. Got the phone in Aug 12.

Back