os is too slow

anandagnel

Disciple
hi i am using bsnl dataone broadband . recently i formatted my system and loaded service pack2 for 1st time . from 4or 5 days when ever i turn on the modem for connecting to broad band its system is becoming damn slow .i am using norton internet security 90 day trial pack . i have to restart te system for doing work properly without net . plzzzzzzzzzzz help .thnx in advance:hand: :S

doesn't seem a reason here.. but sometimes anti-viruses go for background scanning.. n u are unaware of it.. that may cause system to cease sometimes..

just try to figure out what changes of programs or setting u have made since this problem occured, u may get a clue there.. like this, was it after u installed the anti virus, as u said its a 90 days trial.. or service pack 2.. (which may eat up ur RAM a bit..).. also, try to run a virus scan along with spyware scan..

last u have always n option to format.. keep it the last thing you would do...

u better to go for some other antivirus instead of norton security.It will consume more ur system resources.U can go for norton corporate edition10.1.

secondly install xoft spy for adware and spyware.it will alean all ur malicious things.Pls clean ur temporary internet files and tmp directory

1.Never use norton antispyware, too heavy on resources. U can try AVG antivirus free edition.

2.Disable all background automatic scan options.

3.Scan and clean spywares and virus if any. Try using adaware and spybot.

4.Clear ur temporary files using CCleaner or EasyCleaner.

5.If ur comp is a bit old consider using win 2000 instead of win xp. I recently did that and all my slowness prob evident in xp are gone.

Back