CPU/Mobo Opinion needed for Intel Motherbaord

harshit verma

Disciple
ALPHA17

Kindly advise how is Intel DH77KC Motherboard. I have just purchased it on the advice of my friend.
Everybody says GIGABYTE is better than intel original.

Is my decision to purchase Intel DH77KC Motherboard was ok or not.:(

It is a fine motherboard, but it has a few failings that should not bother you (electrolytic capacitors).

The board has a better suit of A / V-OUT ports on its rear I / O panel.

Your decision to purchase the motherboard was sound, nothing to feel bad about. Cheers!

ALPHA17

Thanks for your prompt reply. Kindly also clear it some one was saying that you have set the memory voltage manually at 1.4 otherwise it would take much more if left automatically. is it truth. if it is true then how to set memory voltage manually kindly suggest some useful site.

ALPHA17

Thanks for your prompt reply. Kindly also clear it some one was saying that you have set the memory voltage manually at 1.4 otherwise it would take much more if left automatically. is it truth. if it is true then how to set memory voltage manually kindly suggest some useful site.

That will depend on the memory modules power draw, as far as I know most memory works between ~1.5v -->1.65v so nothing wrong with your system. Cheers!

ALPHA17

i have purchased Kingston Value Ram as details given below: and this was suggested by kingston site when i entered my Motherboard make and Model no.

4GB Module - DDR3 1600MHz
Part Number: KVR16N11H/4
HTS: 8473.30.1140, ECCN: EAR99
Specs: DDR3, 1600MHz, Non-ECC, CL11, 1.5V, Unbuffered, DIMM, 240-pin,

What is your opinion, still i would have to set the Memory voltage in BIOS setting manually or it will take automatically at 1.5 v . Kindly look to it.

4GB Module - DDR3 1600MHz
Part Number: KVR16N11H/4
HTS: 8473.30.1140, ECCN: EAR99
Specs: DDR3, 1600MHz, Non-ECC, CL11, 1.5V, Unbuffered, DIMM, 240-pin,

Auto power draw of 1.5v.

I have not used any Intel based motherboards in quite some time, so it is going to be hard to guide you on how to manually set the RAM voltage, most chances it will be under the North-Bridge settings.

ALPHA17

Please do suggest some useful sites where i can learn how to adjust ram voltage manually under the North-Bridge settings. how would i check that it is auto power drawing 1.5 v.

Back