Only 5 sms a day? Ridiculous

Today heard the news that, the rumor was spread from Pakistan, hope the govt removes the sms limitation. Its like living with suffocation :(

jN9Wv.jpg

There are two sides to this step being taken, I am spit between both of them and can't seem to decide whether it's a good or bad thing.

First, it's a good thing that the government has taken some measure to stop the mass exodus of North-Easterners from other parts of the country to their home towns. India belongs to everyone and no one has the right to dictate who lives where and how as long as they don't interfere with anyone's lives. Banning bulk SMS is a good gesture in a way as it prevents fear and panic among the masses.

Now comes the tricky part. Does banning bulk SMS really the option to go? Is it not a temporary fix to a major problem? What about the culprits who spread all this panic? I'm sure if nothing is done to them they'll do the same the next time they get a chance and will do it with more finesse as they would already have the experience.

The telecom companies are making fool of their customers. The govt. has asked to ban bulk SMSs, not limit the daily quota. They figured that they'll make a killing in profits from voice calls and hence choose what fits their financial interests the best. And they have literally handicapped(no pun intended) all the deaf and dumb who've come to rely on mobile SMSs to communicate with others, back to old ages for them.

And this also begs the question, what will they ban the next time something similar happens? This wasn't even a major event. Will their next target be Media? Social Networks? Voice calls? Or worse, the whole Internet? I don't think this is the right way to go, it just shows their incompetence at handling the event. I hope they remove the ban prematurely before the announced date.

@blkrb0t Whole-heartedly agree with you! I can't comprehend how limiting SMS to five per day can do anything at all to stop these things. It's all an opportunity for telecom companies to exploit their customers. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the limit is for all customers. But according to service providers, because of some software limitation, they can't impose this on postpaid numbers :p

Back