Online Game Deals - Steam, Amazon, Origin, GOG, Humble Bundles

^First time I have seen a msg for a game on the Steam store page where it says -
Notice: Grand Theft Auto V is not available for purchase as a gift in India.
Still, this actually bodes well for India as it means they could introduce India specific (LOW?) pricing and payment in Rs. (as per your other thread) without fear of it being abused by key re-sellers...

^First time I have seen a msg for a game on the Steam store page where it says -
Notice: Grand Theft Auto V is not available for purchase as a gift in India.
Still, this actually bodes well for India as it means they could introduce India specific (LOW?) pricing and payment in Rs. (as per your other thread) without fear of it being abused by key re-sellers...

Steam does recognize India as separate market and does selective stuff in some cases. GTAV has always been sold at a lower price for India. There are other examples. Try to buy Fallout 3 on steam. You won't be able to because steam honors the ban of this game in India.

It would be too cumbersome because VPN spoils be needed to even play the game and not just for buying.

Hmm no, once it's activated you don't have to continue using vpn.
Although it's a last resort thing (not recommended btw) it's always going to be cumbersome if you want to save money and use bitcoins in the process.

^What are you on about ? These are the prices in INR today
GTA 5 on 33% off (1967)
Witcher 3 - 825
Shadow of mordor - 336 (GOTY upgrade is Rs.125 extra) Checking with vpn on US store shows $3.39 for the GOTY upgrade.
Metro redux bundle - 182
Xcom enemy unknown - 374
Borderlands 2 - 249
Borderlands Pre-Sequel - Rs.999
The Talos Principle - Rs.288
Transistor - Rs.144
Alien: Isolation - Rs.494

Shadow of mordor - 336 (GOTY upgrade is Rs.125 extra) Checking with vpn on US store shows $3.39 for the GOTY upgrade.

Rs 336 is for the GOTY edition. The GOTY upgrade is for the people who bought the game before the GOTY edition was released. So, people who buy now will get the GOTY edition for Rs. 336/- Link

^I just discovered I bought the SoW GOTY last night after reading your comment, I was under the impression it was 335 for the vanilla ed, I think my eyesight is deteriorating :p

Last edited:
^Point was I didn't get where he's seeing those prices.
Found the problem. Web didn't display the whole page and the rest got cropped-out. So i saw only $1 (of the $16.99) LOL. Damn. Was so excited to see a GOTY for $1. Haha
On a closer look i'm getting $16.99. Cant change currency. 336rs (~$5) is so darn cheap. Why is the Indian price so low? o_O

Back