Older Windows ISOs

DestGod

Disciple
I recently used an old machine with a Pentium 2c/2t chip, 4GB RAM and a 500GB hard drive. Horrendous specs indeed, but to my surprise, it was quite snappy. Reason for this was probably because it was on Windows 10 version 1607, and had not been updated since.

Does anyone know of any reliable sites to get these older ISOs of Windows? I'd like to test it a bit more using VMs, or maybe slap it on some old PCs to make it faster. Yes, I could go with some custom ISOs like TIny10 or Atlas, but I liked the more barebones UI of 1607, and I'd prefer a more official build.
I still have access to this system as well, so perhaps there's some way to get it directly from the files?

I recently used an old machine with a Pentium 2c/2t chip, 4GB RAM and a 500GB hard drive. Horrendous specs indeed, but to my surprise, it was quite snappy. Reason for this was probably because it was on Windows 10 version 1607, and had not been updated since.

Does anyone know of any reliable sites to get these older ISOs of Windows? I'd like to test it a bit more using VMs, or maybe slap it on some old PCs to make it faster. Yes, I could go with some custom ISOs like TIny10 or Atlas, but I liked the more barebones UI of 1607, and I'd prefer a more official build.
I still have access to this system as well, so perhaps there's some way to get it directly from the files?
1337 x to

It works and ISOs seems to be clean.

Try Linux on it. Peppermint or Zorin Lite are some good distros.

Wanna try something classic - https://downloadlynet.ir/2020/17/6023/03/windows-xp/14/?#/6023-windows-162343063629.html
I've tried for few days on VM and it's stable and didn't face software crash.
XP huh? Sure, I'll try it out. It's been a while since I used XP, might load it into my extremely old PC as well (which is still a WIP).
Click on Operating System
I already tried this, for some reason, the torrent simply would not start for me.

It works and ISOs seems to be clean.
I'll give this a shot, thanks.
Try Linux on it. Peppermint or Zorin Lite are some good distros.
I'm unfortunately not the owner of this PC. W10 1607 still works fine though, and is surprisingly resource friendly.
If really need windows then, Win 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (this is based on 1809) or LTSC 2021 (that's 22H1). Those version will be supported until 2029 and beyond.
Also not to mention they don't have crap like app store and shit.
Yeah, this is for my 2nd PC, which is 90% for gaming. It isn't exactly a high end system either, so those low process counts and memory usage are essential for me. 1607 had that from what I saw, so I thought of installing it. I'll test both 1607 and LTSC, though I might have to customize the latter a little using NTLite. A no frills OS is what I'm looking for.

Any more suggestions?

Last edited:
Back