Events & Meets Okay, not quite an event or meeting, but I need some help in Whitefield, Bangalore.

NinjaTheory

Disciple
I have a system built with the O11 Dynamic Evo in Reverse Mode. I built my system and took my time with it back in the day. I recently upgraded my GPU and changed the case to something more modern. I did this with the help of a system builder in Bangalore.

The first time we rebuilt the system, the system builder wrongly said my MB had only one USB 3 header, and therefore, only half the ports on the front of the first case we tried working with (Corsair 1000D) worked. I went home with that build and realised my board had 2 USB 3 headers. I plugged in the second header, and voila, all ports on the front of my case worked. The system builder had also connected the CPU fan to a Chassis Fan Header. When he booted it, it threw up an error about a missing CPU fan. he just disabled CPU fan monitoring in the BIOS and said this is sometimes an issue with Asus boards. Only when I went home did I notice he had plugged the CPU fan into the wrong header, and I fixed that. There were a few other issues, but I figured them out myself, and this was after he charged me 3.5K towards rebuilding the system. I was annoyed at the lack of attention to detail, and this is from some system builder with a good reputation in high-end systems.

I finally got the original case I wanted, the O11 Dynamic Evo (well, the system builder got it for me after a couple of months of delay), and I went there today to rebuild it. Again, there are a variety of issues, but most of all, he said that the GPU sag is to be expected, but when I looked it up and checked the parts that came with the case, it came with an anti-sag support, which was supposed to be installed on the MB before mounting the GPU. The chap who reassembled the system was bouncing between YouTube and the manual to figure things out, and they have made many mistakes again. The HDDs are not placed in an ideal location in the cabinet, the GPU anti-sag support is not installed, and so forth.

I am sure I could do this entire rebuild myself. Well, I am somewhat confident. The thing is, I haven't done this in a long time, and I thought that an experienced system builder would do a better job than me, especially with cable management. I guess the adage goes, if you want something done right, you need to do it yourself.

So, I am going to rebuild the system myself from scratch.

The thing is, I could do with a bit of help, and I am reaching out here to see if there's anyone in the Whitefield area who loves building systems and has the attention to detail and desire to build beautiful systems to come over and help me out.

System specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X CPU
Deepcool AK620 CPU Air Cooler
Asus X570 Prime MB
Asus TUF 7900XTX GPU
2 NVMe Drives
4 x 3.5" HDDs
1 x 2.5" SSD
CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000W PSU
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000Mhz Memory

Seriously though, you found most of the issues yourself bro, you're already better than half of the members on here lol but I hope you find your pc building life partner! :)

Watch this a couple of time, to get the general idea of building

Then search for videos about your particular cabinet/mobo to get specific pointers
Then you will be able to do it. If you can solve a jigsaw puzzle, you can build a PC
The toughest part is applying just the right amount of thermal paste and not having it spill on to the mobo. If parts are not fitting easily, don't force it, recheck which way/where it needs to go, that's about it.

Thanks to the internet, you might even be able to find a build video of your exact config. The only difference between you and your builder is you admitted you didn't know what to do.

Seriously though, you found most of the issues yourself bro, you're already better than half of the members on here lol but I hope you find your pc building life partner! :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Maybe it would be nice to have the cheer squad in person. I offer some of the best coffee around, too :)

I have never been great at cable management though so someone with OCDs more than mine would be so so so very welcome.
Watch this a couple of time, to get the general idea of building

Then search for videos about your particular cabinet/mobo to get specific pointers
Then you will be able to do it. If you can solve a jigsaw puzzle, you can build a PC
The toughest part is applying just the right amount of thermal paste and not having it spill on to the mobo. If parts are not fitting easily, don't force it, recheck which way/where it needs to go, that's about it.

Thanks to the internet, you might even be able to find a build video of your exact config. The only difference between you and your builder is you admitted you didn't know what to do.

I don't think the builder does not know what to do. He's just a little lazy, ignores the details, and wants to be done with whatever is in front of him as soon as possible.

It's already mostly put together; I now have to take it apart and reassemble it, ensuring things are where they should be. That's all I think. It wouldn't hurt to have company, though.

Back