OC & Modding OC help..

muttster

Disciple
Hi guys..my sys is in my signature..
currently @2640mhz..temp is still 33c! (idle)..hardly a 2-4degree increase..

grafix card is at 474/1250..3dmark05 results are 8218 and 2003results were 17169..
im getting new ram tomorrow ..(twinmos 1gb ddr400)..hopefully it'll improve my performance

my question is: are my 3dmark scores good/ok?
secondly: in my bios: the max cpu voltage i culd see if 1.5
while in my manual it says it can go upto 1.6
if i use the Asus AI booster..I can see the voltage can go upto 1.6..but if i try to change the values using the AI booster my PC hangs..
How can I get to 1.6voltage in my bios? my bios revision is 1007.which is second latest revision.I downloaded latest version but its a .bin file and i cant find how to flash it instructions..

third: i got upto 2750 but its not stable..any ideas how much my Asus a8n sli premium board will let me go? (will buy DFI when available :D)
CPU Clock Speed 2664.0 MHz
Clock multiplier x 11.0
HTT Bus Frequency 242.2 MHz

thanks a lot!!

for flaashing ut bios .... install ASUS update sofware from the bundled CD and then launch the application ..... there will be a option to update the bios from a file ..... select the option and follow the instructions ..... and u are done ....

with this motherboard max Vcore u can give is 1.55v which is way to low for OCing ....

and i will suggest u to do the OCing from Bios rather than AI booster which is again a crap .....

upto 1.6vcore is not for venice or SD cpus.

Bios limits max 1.55Vcore for these two.

On newcastle core CPU it gives range upto 1.65.

hey funky is there anyway to unlock all the voltage levels for venice CPU's i mean any modded bios or something ..... do u know ??

Back