Graphic Cards Nvidia GTX580 reviews

Yup 5970 is 500$ now and it seems its actually being phased out, can only see the sapphire variant of it, but a week ago or dunno not too long ago it was 650-700$, nvidia has basically equalled 5870 crossfire with a single chip thats pretty cool.

I hope cayman single chip can get close to or beat this sort of performance and create a nice pricewar at the top :D

1b485341be13309a.png

30k vantage single chip !!!! Its a BEAST .... aaaaaaaargh I need MONIES !!!:(

Zloyd said:
Yup 5970 is 500$ now and it seems its actually being phased out, can only see the sapphire variant of it, but a week ago or dunno not too long ago it was 650-700$, nvidia has basically equalled 5870 crossfire with a single chip thats pretty cool.

I hope cayman single chip can get close to or beat this sort of performance and create a nice pricewar at the top :D

30k vantage single chip !!!! Its a BEAST .... aaaaaaaargh I need MONIES !!!:(
that is at 950MHz with PhysX on :p

Nice, temp are also much better on stock cooler so 3rd party coolers is not really necessary like GTX 480. This is sure win for their effort, so it seems 55% of GTX 580 is going to be GTX 560! an another winner huh? just a guess...

Alright, time to round up this review. Saying that the GeForce GTX 580 is merely a respin product would not do NVIDIA justice, this certainly is a new taped out revision that has been tweaked and made more efficient. The end result is a card that is something we expected early 2010, but is faster. The only thing that can ruin NVIDIA's all new release will be AMD's upcoming Cayman (Radeon HD 6970). The performance and pricing of that card is still an unknown. Anyway, if priced right and if it falls within your budget, then we do like to recommend the GeForce GTX 580, but we are afraid that the 479 EUR (499 USD) price tag will scare away many people. High-end anno 2010 should be 400 EUR tops, imho.

The GeForce GTX 580... well this is the product that really should have been launched in Q1, it would have made all the difference in the world for NVIDIA. Though we do not see any groundbreaking new stuff, the performance went up with a good enough margin and 'the feel' of the product is just so much better compared to the GeForce GTX 480 launch. Definitely a card I wouldn't mind having in my PC, now then .. Call of Duty Black Ops bring it on !
GeForce GTX 580 review

GeForce GTX 580 SLI review

Back