Graphic Cards Nvidia GTX 660 Ti or AMD Radeon HD7850

Unless you want physx, I see no reason to even think of getting any nvidia card. I did a huge mistake when I jumped to the nvidia bandwagon after being loyal to the AMD/ATI stable for last 6 years. The 660Ti I bought might be powerful in the games but the color balanced is damn skewed that it just kills the fun. The tonal characteristics are terribly messed up. I spent last three days in tuning/calibrating my display/GPU and I am still not convinced. In the end I had to pop in my stalwart AMD 5770 to give some respite to my agony. Watched three movies and it was all so well.
I really repent my decision of buying the nvidia card, just for that lousy PhysX.

Unless you want physx, I see no reason to even think of getting any nvidia card. I did a huge mistake when I jumped to the nvidia bandwagon after being loyal to the AMD/ATI stable for last 6 years. The 660Ti I bought might be powerful in the games but the color balanced is damn skewed that it just kills the fun. The tonal characteristics are terribly messed up. I spent last three days in tuning/calibrating my display/GPU and I am still not convinced. In the end I had to pop in my stalwart AMD 5770 to give some respite to my agony. Watched three movies and it was all so well.
I really repent my decision of buying the nvidia card, just for that lousy PhysX.

way to troll.nvidia ought to check with your tones before releasing maxwell.

also OP this is a no brainer get the gtx 660,its simply faster than a 7850,dnt ask for benches this one's apparent.take the plunge toward the green side.i have a gtx 560 ti and its working great for me(its an OC champion).

also OP this is a no brainer get the gtx 660,its simply faster than a 7850,dnt ask for benches this one's apparent.take the plunge toward the green side.i have a gtx 560 ti and its working great for me.

At the current price point it sits dangerously close to the AMD HD7870 ~19500/-, that card is better and more than capable of over-clocking to the levels of a GTX660Ti and above (with adequate cooling supplanted).

The GTX6** series cards are not over-clockers. The GTX660 family suffers even more because of the restricted memory bandwidth (192-bit for 2GB V-RAM) and a fractured core-clocking system. At max the memory speeds can be bumped up.

At the current price point it sits dangerously close to the AMD HD7870 ~19500/-, that card is better and more than capable of over-clocking to the levels of a GTX660Ti and above (with adequate cooling supplanted).

The GTX6** series cards are not over-clockers. The GTX660 family suffers even more because of the restricted memory bandwidth (192-bit for 2GB V-RAM) and a fractured core-clocking system. At max the memory speeds can be bumped up.

and so the gtx 660 goes crashing down into oblivion....OP get the 7850 and enjoy.

and so the gtx 660 goes crashing down into oblivion....OP get the 7850 and enjoy.

No, no. OP either gets the HD7850 OR HD7870 depending on his wallet. If nVidia plays its cards right (pun intended) then they can put the GTX660 ~16000/- -->17000/- and everyone will be happy.

No, no. OP either gets the HD7850 OR HD7870 depending on his wallet. If nVidia plays its cards right (pun intended) then they can put the GTX660 ~16000/- -->17000/- and everyone will be happy.

nice one.what exactly is the OP's budget,he hasn't specified yet,has he?i guess he will end up with a 7850 as most do(i am not open to bets.).

Back