Graphic Cards Now, Nvidia plans DX10.1, GDDR5 cards

hatter

Skilled
Dec 1, 2007
Many a times Nvidia's has repeated that DX10 is not needed as it's just an incremental update. But now humbled by 48XX series cards from ATI, they are having second thoughts. ;)

A presentation slide we received, but unfortunately cannot share with you in order to protect our source, clearly states that Nvidia will offer DirectX 10.1 support with its next-generation notebook GPUs that are scheduled for a spring 2009 release. DirectX 10.1 is also likely to be offered in the next desktop GPU generation, which should debut either late in Q4 2008 or Q1 2009, with a possible ramp throughout Q1 and Q2 of 2009.

So, what does that mean? Well, it depends on your view.

What we know for sure is that with Nvidia’s decision to support DX10.1, the industry will be embracing this API.

On the very high end, it may mean that you should think twice about spending $500 or more on a DX10.0 card. DX10.1 cards may be the better value proposition, if you want to run the latest games and don’t want to buy another $500 card six months from now. Nvidia’s new GPU generation, we hear, will also be 1.5 to 2 times faster than the current technology.

... Nvidia will also switch to GDDR5 memory, most likely within 2008. As GDDR5 chips are more available, we expect first Nvidia GDDR5 cards to hit the market in Q4.

TG Daily - Nvidia expected to offer DirectX 10.1 GPU in Q1 2009

techster

Adept
Aug 28, 2007
Way to go nVidia.. Screw over anyone who has forked over $659 for a GTX 280 right now.. Just like how you screwed anyone who had ever paid $350 for a 9800 GTX :S

muzux2

ex-Mod
May 18, 2008
Srinagar
if this word has come out directly from Nvidia Camp, then i believe, Nvidia has dropped another axe on foot.. This will further hamper, sales of GTX 280/260..:D:

xxmjxx

Disciple
Jun 26, 2008
as of my last post and as u all know am a nvidia fan :p i think or say i know that nvidia cards comes rocking from a very far ago no ati card till now as you people say make such an impact but i am sure that there are so much of ati fans :p they will simply gonna make my words as a quote though i am not furing anyone i am just telling a thing :)

vijaysurendran

Disciple
Apr 18, 2008
too little too late.by the time they come out with their dx10.1 ddr5 card ati would have moved on to dx11 to kick nvidia butt to oblivion :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: .

i see acquisition in nvidias future if they dont get their act together very soon:S .

BTW xxmjxx use a little spacing and punctuation marks yaar doesnt look good when reading your posts .just a thought .:clap:

muzux2

ex-Mod
May 18, 2008
Srinagar
Nvidia cards comes rocking from very far ago no ati card till now
Have not u heard about
* 9700/9800 Pro
* X850XT PE
* X1950XTX
Here is ur home work, go & check when these cards were trashing Nvidians..:mad::
and do show me ur neat home work.

xxmjxx

Disciple
Jun 26, 2008
ok dude i will keep that in mind next tym :hap2: actually i post from office and i dun have much time to post and keep in mind that i havent used punctuation i have to write in a hurry so that i can manage both work and this but i will try.

As far as "ati" is concerned geforce is making its impact from a long time and no card has stand in its row, till now, but definitely it will make a gr8 impact though it will be costly cause quality testing is costly and though its cards are costly and will definitely will kick ati out in future you ati fans just wait and watch.......

stalker

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
sheesh..

two supposedly grown ppl (i guess) who cant come to terms with the fact that the world+dog doesnt care about their opinions...

xxmjxx

Disciple
Jun 26, 2008
muzux2 said:
Have not u heard about
* 9700/9800 Pro
* X850XT PE
* X1950XTX
Here is ur home work, go & check when these cards were trashing Nvidians..:mad::
and do show me ur neat home work.

My friend you haven hurd that the game stuck on my ati card kinda problem cause they dont have the right hardware with rite driver :p nvidia cards have less problems and they heat up less i said quality card cause of this and from a far ago many less games shows "best on ati if played" kind of logo though you have hurd of sound "N V D I A ment to be played...." sounding before starting cause they have quality tested their games on it :p not on ati though.....nvdia is making their cards with quality and quantity though their is still long way to go for it.....