Now its mininova's turn ......

Damn... That was one clean P2P site without any eye blinding images.... :(

Now were do i find my downloads..... :'(

true

it was the only clean and up to the mark site, no popup n rubbish stuff. :(

but now what??

will this shit keep happening to every other torrent provider?:no:

thepiratebay is 2nd to mininova bt at evening/night it has downtime issues.

The Netherlands-based file-sharing website Mininova has removed all torrents that enabled users to download copyright-protected material.

The move follows a ruling in a Netherlands district court three months ago ordering the firm to remove links to illegal content.
The court said that Mininova's notice and take down policy was insufficient to keep it operating within the law.
The news is the latest in an ongoing campaign against file-sharing sites.
Although Mininova has not totally shut down operation, it has now removed all torrents that would enable users to download copyright-protected material, opting instead to only host a limited 'featured content' service, which offers legal licensed files.
Tim Kuik - director of Dutch anti-piracy group Brein, said: "We applaud the fact that Mininova now uses the BitTorrent technology for legal business.
"We are not against the technology but only against the use of that technology for illegal purposes."
In a blog post, Mininova staff said the court ruling leaves "no other option than to take our platform offline, except for the content distribution service".
But they added that they were still considering an appeal against the court order.
Although Mininova ending illegal file sharing will be a small step forward for representatives of the music and film industry - who have been campaigning for years against illegal file sharing - the worlds two largest sites , isoHunt and The Pirate Bay, continue to operate.
Last month, a different Dutch court ordered The Pirate Bay to remove all links to the material of a group of Netherlands-based music and film makers.
The action, brought by Stichting Brein, was against The Pirate Bay's former spokesperson Peter Sunde, along with founders Frederik Neij and Gottfrid Svartholmmen.
However, the founders dispute the ruling saying that they sold The Pirate Bay and no longer had any control over its content.
The current owner of The Pirate Bay is a Seychelles-based company called Riversella Ltd.

BBC News - Court ruling forces Mininova to end illegal torrents

Pirates are being hunted like endengared species here.

Music and film industries have removed Piratebay from their hitlist and next is mininova .

Where are the human rights people when you need them the most ?

First Piratebay , now mininova next what ?

ScT & FTWR has died as well !!! But the end result will all be in vain..the pirate hydra can never be stopped at all!!..yeah mini lovers like us,hard luck!!!

No techie, mini's gone but it's not the end of the world as idiots are making it out to be. There are other public trackers that get the job done. No hard luck for anyone.

Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened :)

I don't support piracy .

But think about one thing "In a country of population more than 15 crores where one genuine copy of windows 7 costs 5k+ . Tell me how will a common man afford these ?"

Moreover i liked the initiative by Rocstar games to launch GTA 4 @ Rs. 500.

I myself bought the original copy and i know many have too.

Rocstar games had such a good method by forcing the MRP of the title to such a low price that we don't need to resort to piracy.

If this initiative is followed by everyone including microsoft , apple , and many other software companies then i strongly believe music and film industies don't have to shutdown p2p sites users will stop downloading from them.

We Indians like other third world countries are ripped off worst due to economic value of 1 Rupee is 1/50 dollar , or 1/72 pound .

We have to pay in every pc components especially graphics card as high as 50 % or more.

If so then why the discrimination ? Let everyone pay equal .

If online (or alternate and cheaper) distribution channels for media (at least) start i will stop using pirated content..no really

1. Distribute latest movies through online streaming services or DTH pay per view releases.

2. Music - Charge on song basis say Rs 5 a song. I will surely pay that if i like the song. God know how many times i have listened to ' Tu Jaane na' :)

3. May be start something like near to home DVD rental services. Yes we do have couple of them now but they have to be many spread out everywhere.

4. Stop charging ridiculous ticket price in theaters. 200 bucks kambhakth ishq..My foot :mad:

Anubis said:
We Indians like other third world countries are ripped off worst due to economic value of 1 Rupee is 1/50 dollar , or 1/72 pound .

Hey it is not just getting ripped off, nations have been RIPPED APART due to wars that have been fought to maintain the supremacy of the US$. Saddam hussein would love to testify from his grave in my favor .... (it is OT so I won't elaborate....maybe another day , another thread. )

Back