Notice from my registrar

Hacker

Skilled
Got this in my email.

It's that time of year again. ICANN (the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) annually requires that all accredited registrars (like Go Daddy(R)) ask their domain administrators/registrants to review domain name contact data, and make any changes necessary to ensure accuracy.

Can anyone gime some more info. Why does Icann want updated info???
My domain is going to expire next year.

So that when someone wants to nab you or sue you (for various possible reasons) they have the right contact information.

^^Umm guys those could easily be phishers asking for personal data. So always make double sure that the mails are really from who they are supposed to be.

Blade_Runner said:
^^Umm guys those could easily be phishers asking for personal data. So always make double sure that the mails are really from who they are supposed to be.
yes I was thinking same thing. only give out your information where you booked the domain name.

Even i thought this might me some sort of phishing scam.

Btw anyone else who has a domain got this email from their registrar.

Even if you do. Just dont follow the link in the mail blindly. Still even if you do follow the link then just see that it indeed is from the right domain and not a diff one or is just some IP in the address field.

Back