Normally, I'd refuse to join any club that would have me as a member, but...

Proparhino

Disciple
...it's actually rather nice to be here; thanks for letting me in!

I'm a researcher in education (I try to understand how to design classroom discussions that promote understanding), and I work with some A/V stuff for work, and dabble in homelab stuff in my spare time. I'm moving house soon, so getting ready to set up lots of new things and say bye to old ones.
Hoping to have a nice community to discuss hardware with, and hopefully some regular stuff as well. I used to be on various forums far too much as a kid, now this is the only one I'm on. It's all quite familiar: Post counts! Roles! No thread bumping allowed! Banhammer! I'm enjoying the nostalgia; it's like I never left :)

By the way, how do I edit my signature? I also keep getting a server error for my profile image though my banner uploaded without issue. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious; thanks for your patience with newbie!

india have these oportunities?
Of course! NCERT and NUEPA in Delhi are good examples of where advanced educational research occurs. Outside of that, most large universities have departments of education (JNU has the Zakir Hussain Centre, DU has CIE) which are home to faculty that conduct research alongside teaching (usually in BEd and MEd professional courses, but these days there are research and theory degrees in education too like the MA Education at TISS, APU, or AUD).
And those are just the opportunities in academia. There are many NGOs (Pratham) and companies (Byju's) that also conduct research into education. The quality of these opportunities (and the research itself) varies wildly of course, and govt interference is always a concern in public institutions, but India is home to many forms of educational research already with a growing future.

Of course! NCERT and NUEPA in Delhi are good examples of where advanced educational research occurs. Outside of that, most large universities have departments of education (JNU has the Zakir Hussain Centre, DU has CIE) which are home to faculty that conduct research alongside teaching (usually in BEd and MEd professional courses, but these days there are research and theory degrees in education too like the MA Education at TISS, APU, or AUD).
And those are just the opportunities in academia. There are many NGOs (Pratham) and companies (Byju's) that also conduct research into education. The quality of these opportunities (and the research itself) varies wildly of course, and govt interference is always a concern in public institutions, but India is home to many forms of educational research already with a growing future.
lets hope education grows on basis of research, vigor, equal oportunities.
and not of history modification..

Yes!

I don't think my father has the patience for questions about what his favourite X or Y is, but I think if he were forced to pick, Groucho would be his favourite comedian. I didn't understand a lot of it as a child, but I've grown to appreciate more and it helps me understand my father a bit more.
In case you wondered where the title line came from. it is a quote from the personality in the video from 1967

Back