Non adsl , simple splitters works well

mtnltriband

Disciple
All these days I was using adsl splitters.I tried more than 10 splitters but with each splitter

there was a problem, echo in phone line.

One of my net pal says that he too used to have this problem.He tried many splitters but

the problem was there.Then he attached modem and phone in parallel connection directly

to the incoming line.By this it means he attached a simple splitter that is used for parralle lines

and connected the phone as well as modem.Now he is able to use modem and phone simultaneously

like earlier but without any problem.Now there is no echo and disturbances in the line.He can recive

incoming calls while net is ON.Also the net is working while talking on phone.He can make outgoing calls too.

Based on his advice, I attached a simple splitter that is avaible for Rs25 only to the direct line.The simple splitter has two output for parallel lines.In one I attched my phone and in other I attached my modem.To my surprise both my modem and phone are working without problem.I am able to use both the servcies simultaneously.I can recive as well as make calls while surfing the net.

Freinds, I am not a techy so want to know why this non adsl splitter is working very well compared to an adsl splitter.Where there are problems with adsl splitters why the simple splitter is probelm free.And the most important question is how are we able to recive calls and make calls while our net is ON even though we are not using adsl splitters?

i dont know how this is working for u .. i am on dataone and first even i had used that 25 bucks wala splitter for my connection but i had lots of disturbances of the phone line. then i used the splitter they gave me and it works perfectly without echoes n all.

mohit yaar

The adsl splitter is giving me echo in my phone thats why i shifted to simple

btw, with adsl splitter u dont recive any echo ur phones clarity is just like the phone that is connected to the direct line and used alone? Or do u recive some echo

were you connecting the modem and the phone to the right ports on the splitter ??

Splitter is a passive device. it merely filters / splits the signals. the low frequency ones go to the phone and the higher frequency to the modem.

This is what i tried with the splitter they provided me(when i had BSNL). I interchanged the phone and modem lines to see what would happen. The modem didnt work, but the phone worked perfectly fine. How is that? :huh:

Back