Nokia N8 Thread

There is a new OTA software update available for Nokia N8. I just downloaded it and installing it now. Its about 25MB in size.

Hurray!!!! This is "ANNA" !!!!!!!!

Its damn good...... :clap:
Thanks Nokia.:hap2:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Anna update is now officially available for Symbian^3 devices (tried it on Nokia E5 also). No need to go for the risky leaked ones......
The transition between the home screen is visibly faster and it has reset all my Menu organisations to default.
It has a T9 and a much awaited QWERTY keypad(in potrait mode) for typing SMS.
Still exploring... will update later... Just one more prayer... Hope it is more power conservative....

On Belle pre-release some version now :p ... Simply mind blowing in terms of performance .. Just had Android guys confused when they saw my 680 Mhz proccy do things faster than their 1 GHz+ :p ... buggy yes, but even final releases will turn out to be buggy for some anyway .. i rather enjoy the added bonus .. the interface needs more work to unify everything .. but definitely a direction to walk on ..

Will post some feedback soon ... for now just know that a download of ~400 MB and you're good to go with Belle in under 10 mins ..

PS : Now i wonder why Nokia aborted Symbian/Maemo .... wicked bosses :p

deathvirus_me said:
On Belle pre-release some version now :p ... Simply mind blowing in terms of performance .. Just had Android guys confused when they saw my 680 Mhz proccy do things faster than their 1 GHz+ :p ... buggy yes, but even final releases will turn out to be buggy for some anyway .. i rather enjoy the added bonus .. the interface needs more work to unify everything .. but definitely a direction to walk on ..

Will post some feedback soon ... for now just know that a download of ~400 MB and you're good to go with Belle in under 10 mins ..

PS : Now i wonder why Nokia aborted Symbian/Maemo .... wicked bosses :p

They announce Belle 24th August, then Belle wid 1GHz proccy :p

Guys have been waiting for the anna for several weeks. Now is it worth to buy the phone atleast now or the new anna is having its own set of issues as its cousin ? PLz guide me...

Anna is great... no issues. And then in October you will get this Belle ;)

Here is Belle on my phone

375638232.jpg

375981749.jpg

375993544.jpg

anfjavid said:
Guys have been waiting for the anna for several weeks. Now is it worth to buy the phone atleast now or the new anna is having its own set of issues as its cousin ? PLz guide me...

Anna is awesome, much smoother than before and the belle update is even better,so go for it but look for website with discounts,some site had 4k discount coupon going on,check hot deals section of the forum.

...on most nokia n8.

What do you mean by this ?. IF its a software issue then the update must have fixed the issue in all the handsets i suppose.

Then u should be asking this to every registered N8 owner i suppose ?? And please don't jump on the Android bandwagon stating that there is no such issues with Android :p .. Anyway .. please update to Belle if you can, coz it makes the phone fuber .. u'd forget Anna in like 5s :p

Back