Nokia N8 Thread

onlyravi said:
Guys Is there any App available on Ovi Store for N8 just like the talking Tom on Andriod??
Oh god... Talking Tom Cat... it is SUCH a waste of time :p

Yea i think there is something like available... i'm forgetting the name though.

^^ Why is it waste of time? Not all apps are for serious work... some are just for fun....
And kids at my home enjoy Talking Tom. They think its funny....
I agree one cant use it more than a few minutes or max half an hour but kids enjoy it ... you can understand...

Stress ur grey cells and please try to remember the name of such apps in Ovi Store :)
TIA ...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@Dhruv : Hope its not Crazy Parrot... I could not find it on Ovi Store.

It looks like an intermediate PR1.2 is coming - Update for Nokia N8/C7/C6-01 – PR1.2.

Anybody able to purchase apps from Ovi store (non-Reliance customers)? Also, any problems while downloading or installing apps? I am frequently getting 'unable to download' and 'installation failed' errors even after a hard reset, similar to during last year when "their servers were overloaded with unexpected demand"!

unni said:
It looks like an intermediate PR1.2 is coming - Update for Nokia N8/C7/C6-01 – PR1.2.

Already updated :p
dwz0x5.jpg

I think non-Reliance customer can't purchase paid apps :)

Opera 11 released today...
Typing this post through it. Thank god there is Opera for Symbian! :D
btw, PR1.2 is BS if you ask me...they are just buying time. Why didn't they club it with PR2.0?

just had a loooong demo with a nokia c7 and then motorola defy and then htc desire hd

to say the elast, i found the android devices gloating too much on visuals and effects, while nokia's phone was the snappiest, fastest(just dont use the default browser, opera ftw)/

c7 and symbian^3 throughly impressed me and i dont see why the hate surrounding it everywhere..

^Many reasons, primarily because today's sheep think it's 'cool' to have an OS running in a VM or an OS which doesn't allow you to customise your phone the way you want it. Or even a phone that drops signal 'cos you're holding it wrong.

Disclaimer - I use Android and Symbian..

also, i have seen the goats in every review sites keep blaring their foghorn over effects, THEY want EYE CANDY while listening to music. Seriously, they "see" music or listen to it??

The review sites are very forgiving on android phones. If an android phone doesn't support flash, they say, no problem, it's not that much of an issue. It's only you wont be, for starters, run youtube(the biggest online video service after all).

If an android phone supports only mp4(that too a 15k phone, ace for example) and not other codecs out of the box, no problem, you can download this app.

If a nokia phone doesn't, OMG THEY have disrecpected the HOLY BIBLE, we have the CRUCIFY it, it's Nokia .... go to hell blah blah...

Oh wait, iPhone doesn't have Flash. Bummer, but no reviewers are too busy shouting Apple.... they dont have time for flash..

The web as we know it, is filled with stupid people running stupid sites with even more stupid content(exceptions are there).

If a nokia phone

Open Letter from Purnima Kochikar to Developer Community

The first major update will arrive in summer, delivering a new home screen, new flexible widgets, new icons, a faster browser, new Navbar and a fresh look and feel to Ovi Store and Ovi Maps, including integration of social media services in Ovi Maps.

You may have seen some of these updates in the latest product we launched at CTIA Wireless this year, the Nokia C7 Astound. Those plus the rest of the enhancements will be delivered to all users over the air in a simple update available from the Home Screen, and Nokia Astound users will receive the remaining enhancements not already in their device at the same time.

Although I must admit it will be frustrating if we have to wait for a couple of months to get this update, BUT if the UI is updated as stated in the letter, it will be worth the wait..

If it comes with flexible widgets, pull down status bar, portrait QWERTY with swype and good browser then S^3 will be even more awesome :eek:hyeah:

The first major update will arrive in summer, delivering a new home screen, new flexible widgets, new icons, a faster browser, new Navbar and a fresh look and feel to Ovi Store and Ovi Maps, including integration of social media services in Ovi Maps.

May be PR2.0 merged with PR3.0 may b not :p

Back