WP Nokia Lumia 920 - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read on gsmarena that 'The codenamed Apollo+ update is supposed to bring the notification center and FM radio support, along with drivers for Bluetooth 4.0 and hopefully add VPN support and Wi-Fi always on option.' It seems that we will get OTG support as well on Windows 8 phone soon.

I have to say, that review was more informative than most tech website reviews, and more entertaining too, and much more indicative of real world usage by normal people, and not self-centered tech snobs. Interesting that Lumia 920s are the best rated phones on Amazon. Not surprising as Lumia 900 was the top rated before 920 too. The few people that use these Lumia phones totally love them. Windows Phone is becoming the OS X of smartphones (except it doesn't suck).

I have noticed that accessories/cases etc have been available for all HTC/Nokia WP8 phones for a while now, but only 8X is available in limited quantities. I guess it is true that they were all scheduled to be launched before but simply ran out of stocks worldwide before they could launch. 920, 820 and 620 just launched in China, hopefully that's a sign of an India launch coming soon.

Sales guy at Airtel - "Lumia 920 coming next week". For what it's worth, I asked a general question "I want to buy a Windows Phone 8 handset".

Just came back from Phoenix Mills(Lower Parel), Microsoft has a big Windows Phone/Windows 8 booth there with all the Windows Phones plus a few Tabs there including the not yet launched Nokia Lumias:D

Had a chance to play with 920 and though my friend felt it was heavy while comparing with his One X but I felt it was pretty comfortable to hold since I already use a heavy weight(Photon 4G :p) Build quality is top notch and the glossy finish(yellow) which I didnt like but was liked by the girls around :p and its Camera has already being talked out;)

India Launch is Due in JAN 2013(estimated 2nd week) but the price looks like a deal breaker, 920 will go for 40K+ and 820 will retail for 25-27k :annoyed:

Ideally Nokia should have targeted it against S3 by undercutting its price since the 920 surely was a HIT amongst the crowd at the both(who all mostly had a S3/Note/iPhone with them) but this pricing if true is a big thumbs down :|

Holy shit! 40k+ would definitely kill the device for the anticipating crowd. :(

I sent a mail last week to the customer support and received a response today and the lady said the device is being set to launch in the first week of Jan so Jan is confirmed nonetheles but the pricing is definitely bollocks! :'(

Regarding the general public response, there was a good amount of crowd at the booth and all were wowed by the 920 in particular(ps: many confused the HTC 8s to be Lumias as well ;)) but many of them where turned off by the price like I was:annoyed:

I had thought atleast with WP8, Nokia would be aggressive in its pricing but seems like there are targeting iPhone at first and then will later on cut down its price(usual Nokia trend) but that sure seems like a fail :facepalm:

Nokia is not making a comeback with this device anyway. They should have made both Android and Windows 8 phones. Plus they need to get off the high horse that their brand still carries big value. Only phone brand which has huge value is Apple. Samsung is almost there wit galaxy s2/s3/note. Rest dont matter at all. So its ridiculous this phone is so overpriced.

I think both nokia and blackberry are heading towards extinction. Big quesiton is who vanishes first.

Grey market imports will kill local sales for sure. If the Phone is going to retail for 40k, grey mark sales @ even 30k will kill it.

I saw a nokia lumia 920 ad on TV, does that mean it is released on showrooms? What about the lumia 620??

Someone seriously goofed up at Nokia with the deliverable dates, and I thought RIM was the king of false promises. If 920 is launched at Rs. 40K+ mark, then 620 would be hovering around Rs. 20K. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back