Nokia Lumia 800 Pre Orders Open

Hey Guys ,
For all those who have been asking .. Nokia Lumia 800 is finally available for preorder. You can click through the link below for it.

XU0jL.png

Book the new Nokia Lumia 800

Sir, why dont you put up a first hand review of this WP device, having owned one already? it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

comp@ddict said:
Rs. 30,000 for this phone couldn't be less justified.

Not worth!

Agree. Nokia and MS should have kept a thin margin on this one to kickstart their WP7 partnership and gain some market share in quicker time.

But by pricing it above even SGS2, God save this phone!

Samsung focus @10000 gives same functionality and at much lower price point

What is advantage over Samsung focus?

Please enlighten us all as you have used lumia

agantuk said:
Not just this, I find more than 25K for any phone not justified. Heck even 25K is a bit too much
Can not agree more!!

Really bad pricing from Nokia.

Sent from Galaxy S2

pratikb said:
Samsung focus @10000 gives same functionality and at much lower price point

What is advantage over Samsung focus?

Please enlighten us all as you have used lumia

What? 10k? WHERE!!!! "Tearing my hair"

Yeah, I find it redundant after 20k to spend on a phone.

Got a call from Nokia today. They told me about Lumia and asked me to take a demo at one of their priority centers. Will go probably tomorrow and have a look. Can't wait :eek:hyeah:

But yeah, I do agree with others here, asking price is too high for a device which is Nokia's first foray into WP7 and not even their flagship (sources say that Lumia 900 will probably be the first Nokia WP7 flagship). Nevertheless I want to have a feel of what might be in store for us in future.

If nokia retains the same n9 design, ups the ante with a larger screen and if Windows 8 a.k.a Apollo alleviates some of the basic stuff that WP7 should have (Removable battery, External Storage, No fixed resolution etc. etc.) then IMO it will be a killer device with a killer OS.

Let's all hope we get to see a true successor of n9, in terms of design and all-round functionality. Nokia is very, very close to delivering a sucker punch if they play it right.

Oh well... won't comment on the price but the phone really is fantastic. Try it.. having used pretty much all the phones , i'd say WP7 works out best for me.. That said , if the N8 successor ends up being on Symbian , i'll still buy it :p Can't give up that cam .. lol

comp@ddict said:
What? 10k? WHERE!!!! "Tearing my hair"

Yeah, I find it redundant after 20k to spend on a phone.
I have purchased total three Samsung focus at that price range.

The one I have right now is purchased for 9114 ..:D

Oh and compared to the Focus ? That 1.4Ghz proc makes a world of difference. I have a Radar sitting next to the 800 right now and the performance diff. in many apps is night and day !

Camera performance too... End of the day , you're paying for premium hardware , superior proc , turn by turn nav. If you don't want to spend for the Lumia.. you always have the Omnia W or the Radar. Me ? I'd still spend for this one coz the hardware alone makes it worth it. Its a gorgeous phone.

Why dont you do proper analysis of this lumia.

I am not against nokia.

I loved that company.

But I hate their Chinese manufacturing which has quality control issues which you also indirectly accepted.

If you promise me made in finland piece.I will purchase Nokia again.

And talking about performance, for day today phone where its meant for email and basic smartphone work.

1ghz suffice enough and battery life better than 1.4 ghz.

all this is marketing thing.

Intel amd fought so hard for this ghz crown.

Except you are doing benchmarks,it does not make sense of higher ghz score.

How long does lumia last?

My focus battery last for easily 2 days.goes till 3 days as well.

3 days on focus..!!! mine lasts 1 day before it hits the battery saver. I have 4 e-mail accounts, which are synched for 30 mins interval and then there is usual call and text, and occassional GPS usage.. I don't think the battery will last 3 days, unless ofcourse you are not using data connection and talk very minimal

same here...max 30 hours on edge...and the call quality on the focus absolutely sucks...apart from that its a gr8 phone, although i still prefer my E7..

pratikb said:
Why dont you do proper analysis of this lumia.
I am not against nokia.
I loved that company.
But I hate their Chinese manufacturing which has quality control issues which you also indirectly accepted.
If you promise me made in finland piece.I will purchase Nokia again.
Huh ? What quality control issues and what did i accept ? I don't work at Nokia so i can't promise you anything , you can talk to a dealer regarding that :p

The performance difference is most definitely there. I'll try and make a video in a day or two. Hell.. Whatsapp is unusable on the Radar but works much better on the Lumia. Call quality too is really good.

I have two email accounts set up to push sync along with Twitter syncing the entire day , Facebook and Linked In too.
IM+ is also connected. I make heavy use of internet services , listen to music and get a day of battery life. That is more than enough for me.... What is enough for you depends on you yourself and your usage !

HERE it is

pNmF7.jpg

where you referenced it with made in finland.

accept the fallacy.its well known and i have myself experienced hands on.

Difference between finland nokia phone and made by nokia phone.

Its true day and night.

i have my focus connected over wifi at home network.

synchronizing one hotmail account and one gmail account.all settings at default.

i dont have any problem with call quality on either airtel and bsnl

I will post photo of 3 days use.

Back