Nokia Lumia 625 Now Available For Pre-Orders In India At Rs 19,499

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Nokia Lumia 625 which was announced last month is arriving in India soon and now up for pre-orders on Flipkart for Rs 19,499.It is expected to be available by fifth week of August.

The Lumia 625 features biggest 4.7 inch display yet on a Lumia smartphone. It is powered by 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor with 512MB RAM and 8GB internal storage.

Full specs -
  • 4.7 inch WVGA 800 x480 resolution display, 201 ppi
  • 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8930 processor
  • 512MB RAM, 8GB internal storage, microSD card slot for expansion up to 64GB
  • 5MP rear camera with AF and LED flash
  • VGA front facing camera
  • Connectivity: USB2.0, BT 4.0+ LE, WLAN IEEE 802.11b/g/n, A-GPS and Glonass, 3.5 mm audio connector
  • Size, Weight: 133.25 x 72.25 x 9.15 mm, 159g
  • 2000mAh battery

The pre-booking offer includes some freebies like 11 ebooks , Nokia Music subscription for 6 months, Nokia Movies for 3 months and free 3G data from Tata Docomo for 3 months.

However, the price of the device is higher than as expected ( around Rs 17000 ), but that comes as no surprise as bigger screen devices are more popular among buyers here.

Oh come on now! Do people still judge the device by the amount of RAM it packs?! This is not the Android OS and whatever apps. WP8 offers in the store, the device runs them without any lags. There are no lags after a definite period of usage either. I have a 920 and my in-law has the 520 and he hasn't complained of any signs of lags or sluggishness yet.

The screen resolution is a bummer though! Too low.

A little overpriced for a phone which has 512MB RAM.

The iPhone 4 and 4S has 512MB RAM as well. And those retail for 22k and 35k! Not overpriced? :p

Am a little worried about the pixel density and screen resolution...

I have used Lumia 520 in the past, with a slightly slower CPU and Equal RAM, the OS was butter smooth.

But still seems a little over priced to me ,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh come on now! Do people still judge the device by the amount of RAM it packs?! This is not the Android OS and whatever apps. WP8 offers in the store, the device runs them without any lags. There are no lags after a definite period of usage either. I have a 920 and my in-law has the 520 and he hasn't complained of any signs of lags or sluggishness yet.

The screen resolution is a bummer though! Too low.

The iPhone 4 and 4S has 512MB RAM as well. And those retail for 22k and 35k! Not overpriced? :p
More RAM does not mean better experience of using the phone always. I guess windows phone OS is optimized for lower RAM as well.
This is not Android.

The WP limitations (Apps not working) are mainly due to RAM. I am not saying that 512 RAM is not enough. My point being for a 20K phone which is well priced around the 820 which has 1 GB RAM, this is a little overpriced.

For WP many games are limited only due to RAM.

Yea the screen resolution is not upto the mark for a 4.7" display and that too for 20k. Should have been at least qHD.

Equally capable identical/better specked Androids will be in range of 10-11k-- who will buy this from Nokia- just for sake of music download..over pricing its products initially and then making distress sale seems to be the Nokia Story..

The WP limitations (Apps not working) are mainly due to RAM. I am not saying that 512 RAM is not enough. My point being for a 20K phone which is well priced around the 820 which has 1 GB RAM, this is a little overpriced.

For WP many games are limited only due to RAM.
What apps are not working on 512mb ram? I have one and havent come across an app that doesnt work. Last I remembered it was Temple run cause it was ported and they optimized in within weeks for 512 mb ram. Secondly, thats the quoted price, it will be down before you can blink.

Equally capable identical/better specked Androids will be in range of 10-11k-- who will buy this from Nokia- just for sake of music download..over pricing its products initially and then making distress sale seems to be the Nokia Story..
Equally specced Androids will also work like trash. While this one will work flawlessly and is smooth as butter(irony cause project butter still stutters on 512 ram. lulz). You are comparing apples with oranges by counting their trees, yes it doesnt make sense.

99.63% Games and 99.76% apps are compatible with 512 mb devices! And if you leave out two developers that are using templates to make apps, it goes down to 99.912% compatibility of apps and games.

Its not 100% but I think between different hardware platforms and fragmentation on android, the compatibility percentages would be lower depending on the device platform, make, specs etc when compared to WP8, which is amazing for WP8.[DOUBLEPOST=1377007299][/DOUBLEPOST]And only two major games, Halo Spartan Assault and Fifa 2013 are in the list. Rest are mostly badly coded, ported or just lazy devs.

Was reading the news quite ecstatically but 512Mb RAM spoiled it all .... Why would somebody spend 20K on a windows phone with 512mb RAM when there are hell lot of smartphones available in the same price range from other manufacturers. U gotta be kidding NOKIA with the price ... Good luck

The main reason I said it is overpriced is that Nokia 820 is available by adding another few thousand bucks.

This phone is a winner for 15K not 19.5K.

a seller on ebay has listed it for 15.7k .. but low leedback ..
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Nokia-Lumia-625-8GB-PreOrder-1Yr-Nokia-India-Warranty-Bill-Free-Screen-Guard-/321187660195?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item4ac846c1a3&_uhb=1

Back