WP Nokia Lumia 520 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a mentioned somewhere that screen is not visble in direct sunlight, i dont see any such issue with my L520, screen is visible to great extent.
I like the WP8 interface, its fresh and non laggy..
was using zte blade and then pantech burst and this phone is on top in all aspects (except few apps) IMO..
looks are rich.. ppl in ofc come and chk mobile again and again and are delighted even if it is Windows phone..

There is OTHER issue in Lumias too like it is there in iPhone ?
No solution on iPhone too unless you factory reset / restore phone. :mad:

You can try the nokia storage check app, or there are other softwares that fill the disk and then WP8 automatically clears up the folder. Just a Minor niggle.

Finally got my 520 delivered from nokia.indiatimes.com. :) Took more time than expected, but overall I am happy with 9K-ish deal. Evening time will be the time to explore Windows 8 mobile.

^ Install the Lumia storage check app available in the market.

That's already there as a part of the updated firmware, 1307/1308 that ships with newer 620s. However, that "clear" button frees up some 60-70 MB out of 7.2 GB.

That's already there as a part of the updated firmware, 1307/1308 that ships with newer 620s. However, that "clear" button frees up some 60-70 MB out of 7.2 GB.
Try other apps, they fill storage, and then the phone will give you a notification to clear space.

I used my neighbors 520 for a while the other day and i was mightily impressed. Was contemplating getting a Pantech Burst as my secondary phone but now i think i'll get the 520. It looks really good and Windows 8 is good fun, though it takes some time getting used to.

Fellas!
How is the battery life on your 520?
The wife has been using her 520 for over a month now, and IMO battery life is pretty bad if you have 3G, Email, wifi on all at the same time.

Fellas!
How is the battery life on your 520?
The wife has been using her 520 for over a month now, and IMO battery life is pretty bad if you have 3G, Email, wifi on all at the same time.
Lumia 520's battery life is actually worse than the 620 because of its less efficient screen

Lasts me 6-7 hrs on very high usage on 2g or wifi. Like constant. Keep the lcd on auto and it gets better.

YouTube app launched. Its a beauty. Nothing that Metro tube didnt do, but now there only Instagram that people will crib about :p

Okay my Camera button stopped working? :( It goes only half way till the focus. Wont open from the lockscreen either. I tried reseating the back cover a few times. No go. Help?

Ouch! That seems a bit bad. Do tinker with it and see if it pops back. If the issue persists, it might be a good idea to get it replaced.

Okay, I had the same issue with the 520 today and thought this was definitely a hardware bug. But probing the button a bit more, I realized the rubber padding on the backside had popped out, probably while replacing the sim card.. So I just opened the back cover, and pushed the button out. Work's flawless. Tested several times and trust me, it was a great relief !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back