Nokia E71, any known issues?

yes .... try to take snap wid 1-MegaPixel and 40-70%(approx) zoom ...there will be no snap...puple color screen appears....i personally tried on arnd 13-15 e71 each n every peace got the same problem....some guys might think wtf...its a small issue...i will never take snap on 1mp... but its ur friend money n it shd worth it....so juz try above setting on cam before buyin e71

my cousin has been using blackberrys, nokia communicators, palm mobiles, P1i and atm E71 and sometimes E51 and one of the major limitation (not flow as such) for e71 is many operations require both hands active, which should have been avoided in the design phase only. Dont understand why nokia messed things up in this scenario....

^The purple tinge is gone as of the latest firmware.

@Sarang - wired or wireless? I use the phone all the time over my Dell BH200s, no hiss for me.

And of course, the BT dropout issue.. some phones drop BT connections every 30 minutes or so. Some issues with the Nokia S60 BT stack.

Excellent phone otherwise.. sleek, awesome battery life, and great for messaging on the go.

TechHead said:
^The purple tinge is gone as of the latest firmware.
@Sarang - wired or wireless? I use the phone all the time over my Dell BH200s, no hiss for me.

And of course, the BT dropout issue.. some phones drop BT connections every 30 minutes or so. Some issues with the Nokia S60 BT stack.

Excellent phone otherwise.. sleek, awesome battery life, and great for messaging on the go.

i need that firmware can u point me towards it

you can get it from the nokia site.. what you need is the "nokia software updater".. it will check if your phone needs an update, download it, and update the phone.. make sure you make a backup first using the nokia pc suite as the update process erases all the data.

Back