Nokia E7 Pre Orders Begin

Consumers can get their Nokia E7 by making a pre-order booking by logging on to Nokia India - Nokia E7 - Smartphone with touch screen & QWERTY and filling an online form, along with the preference of the nearest Nokia Priority store. The concerned store will call registered consumers within 24 hours with further details of the handset and the offer. Consumers can then secure their Nokia E7 units by depositing a booking amount of Rs. 3,000/- at the store.

XMYzU.jpg

Key features of the Nokia E7

- Easy access to private and business email

- Create, edit and share office documents and view PDF files

with Adobe Reader

- Fast, secure intranet access with the built-in VPN

- High-resolution photos and HD video with the 8 megapixel camera and dual LED flash

- HDMI connectivity to project files, videos and images onto large screens

- 16 gigabytes of on-board flash memory

- USB-On-The-Go, enabling easy file sharing by connecting a USB stick to the smartphone

Dont think this really has too mch in it.

Too mch of blabber regarding 'focussing on a business phone'. The keypad is a good addition but takes a while before you can adjust to the sliding out mechanism.

And i am pretty sure Win7 Mobile OS is gonna be out for N8 and E7.

Spacescreamer said:

Too mch of blabber regarding 'focussing on a business phone'. The keypad is a good addition but takes a while before you can adjust to the sliding out mechanism.

Keeping aside my fanboyism :p

The keyboard is REALLY good.. and so is the hardware. Actually even a little better than the N8 i'd say..

dhruvrock2000 said:

The keyboard is REALLY good.. and so is the hardware. Actually even a little better than the N8 i'd say..
a little better with a bigger price difference :) at 35 K

dhruvrock2000 said:

Nobody denying that.

Keyboard really is good when i used it. But on the downside, it was heavier and keyboard slide mechanism a bit tricky. Be a bit more casual and whoopsie.. it needs attention.

The cam has been degraded and N8 is the device it is cuz of its cam for many people. Now if Nokia thinks they can get a bland device promoted as a 'Business Oriented phone' with that Symbian (Dhruv is forbidden to comment here) then they are in for a bit of a surprise. Else i am gonna be.

Pricing has been confirmed to be at a premium, exceeding N8 easily.. which means ~29k ish (anything more would be suicidal)

No option for Win7 port.. E7 No Go.

Definitely agree on the cam part mate... has been my main beef with the dev team as well. They could really use an autofocus cam in there...

Symbian well.. its functional and that kinda works for ME :p

Spacescreamer said:

How?

Isn't min requirement for WP7 is 800x480 res.
N8 & E7 is 640x360 res.

Don't worry people here in India will still buy this phone regardless of the dying OS because its a "Nokiaz phone duuude".

Mephistopheles said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what's so wrong with symbian?
Nokia has announced its demise ... thats the biggest wrong. Of course you can still claim it to be a great piece of OS, but even its sugar daddy doesnt think so anymore.

seems to be a pretty gud phone, would have considered buying it but the BL-4D battery...come on nokia how can a 1200Mah battery power a 4" business phone? also nokia is way to optimistic with the 35k price tag....it will surely crash to 25k+ lelvels in coming days.....so too many cons i guess....and no i think symbian though not the in thing is pretty good to use.

mh09ad5578 said:
seems to be a pretty gud phone, would have considered buying it but the BL-4D battery...come on nokia how can a 1200Mah battery power a 4" business phone? also nokia is way to optimistic with the 35k price tag....it will surely crash to 25k+ lelvels in coming days.....so too many cons i guess....and no i think symbian though not the in thing is pretty good to use.
Personal experience.. it lasts a normal work day. Light usage day and a half .. heavy usage about a work day. Pretty good.. much better than i have ever got with the Galaxy S :|

Back