Nokia C6 01 OR Nokia 603

grewal630

Disciple
Dec 11, 2011
Hello friends, I am planning to buy new nokia mobile set and I have shortlisted two phones.. Nokia C6 01 and Nokia 603, having same price band.I want to keep my mobile for at least 2-3 years, so which one should I buy and what would be you pick for yourself (personal liking) if you have to chose fron these two sets.

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me
Things going for C6-01:

- AMOLED Screen

- Front Facing Camera

- 8MP EDOF Camera

- Dual-led Flash

Things going for 603:

- Preloaded with Symbian Belle OS. Will get future Symbian updates

- 3.5" IPS Screen

- 1GHz Processor

- Faster GPU

- 512MB RAM

- Better Battery Life

- Much more light weight

I think the Nokia 603 wins.

grewal630

Disciple
Dec 11, 2011
Nokia has announced that the Symbian Belle OS will rollout globally to specific

Nokia phones sometime early next year. The models that will receive

the update include the Nokia N8, E7, X7, C6-01, C7, Oro, E6, and Nokia 500.

Currently, the software comes pre-installed on the Nokia 701, 700 and 603

models.

pr.itdude

Disciple
May 27, 2009
obviously 603 is a new phone and so should have better specs. Go for it...

But you have to explain ppl why u bought this instead of Android, which i do daily....hehe. :D

Even now autowallas say "bhaiya, android hi lenge ab to" :p

rocker123

Adept
Nov 4, 2009
Delhi
To be honest :

Would suggest you to opt for neither of the 2.

Nokia sucks big time..

Press a button and then wait for the next 10 seconds..

Dude, you could get better phones at this pricing.

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me
Press a button and then wait for the next 10 seconds..

words of an ignorant...thats all there is to this..

Wow, you guys are as bad as some of the reviewers in those big sites. Let me tell you the flaws they point out in a S^3 phone although it's awesome:

- Not enough apps in the App Market(it's quantity over quality these days)

- Old S^3 OS(so if the OS is fine, you call it Old)

That's all the flaw they find in the new Belle smartphones. So they trumpet on it.

Nokia 603 and C6-01 are in the 12.5k range.

At that price range, you get no Android with better or even similar specifications.

The closest is a Moto Defy, which, with it's camera and older GPU(cant play HD games, atleast most of them) make it lower in rating than 603.

So, the closest competitor is the Galaxy i9003 @15k or Sony Neo V @ 16.5k

There you go.

Lawyered.

R0H!T

Adept
Jun 28, 2008
Pune
@ comp@ddict

Completely agree with you. The only drawback IMO is the stock browser. It's not on par with the competition. If they rectify that and come up with 4" handsets, I will drop my Focus and buy one right away. Even with it's EDoF camera! I was just comparing my C7 pics and videos with Focus...and C7 is MILES ahead in quality! I was shocked how good the C7 photos were compared to Focus. I miss my C7 :( I gave it to dad and he is enjoying it :mad:

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me
Even with it's EDoF camera! I was just comparing my C7 pics and videos with Focus...and C7 is MILES ahead in quality! I was shocked how good the C7 photos were compared to Focus.

Exactly. What these reviewers keep complaining about is the lack of autofocus and hence no macro-photography. Well guess what, those who are into such photography buy separate cameras for the purpose itself!!!!

The only drawback IMO is the stock browser.

It's better than before, but yeah, I wish it got a wee bit better. I like Opera Mini on it however, it's really zippy and does the job really well.

R0H!T

Adept
Jun 28, 2008
Pune
comp@ddict said:
Exactly. What these reviewers keep complaining about is the lack of autofocus and hence no macro-photography. Well guess what, those who are into such photography buy separate cameras for the purpose itself!!!!

It's better than before, but yeah, I wish it got a wee bit better. I like Opera Mini on it however, it's really zippy and does the job really well.

And I think the 2nd Gen EDoF cameras are even better than C7's (remember reading that somewhere). Regarding browser, even I used Opera (not mini) when I had C7...but IE on WP7 is just better and s m o o t h as butter...no comparison at all! Also email client on WP7 is excellent. These two points (and lack of bigger screen models) is what I consider as drawbacks as of now. I also miss swype, mass storage mode, access to filesystem, USB OTG (yeah, I have used it often) and awesome sound quality, OOTB video codec support, excellent offline navigation....I can go on and on...

@vivek.krishnan

No idea bro. When I bought it exactly a year ago, I got it for ~18.5k. I assume it must be ~14-15k now

@OP

If I were you, I would go for 603 :) 603 has CBD LCD display. So (just speculating) it will have better whites compared to AMOLED - no bluish tint to whites. And blacks will be better than normal LCDs or S-LCDs due to polarizing filter aka CBD. So if you do lot of browsing or keep bright themes, the battery will last longer compared to same sized AMOLED screen of same capacity battery. I would take this combo of LCD+CBD over AMOLED+CBD any day. Just my $0.02

aka911

Skilled
Mar 15, 2005
New Delhi
comp@ddict said:
words of an ignorant...thats all there is to this..

Wow, you guys are as bad as some of the reviewers in those big sites. Let me tell you the flaws they point out in a S^3 phone although it's awesome:

- Not enough apps in the App Market(it's quantity over quality these days)

- Old S^3 OS(so if the OS is fine, you call it Old)

That's all the flaw they find in the new Belle smartphones. So they trumpet on it.

Nokia 603 and C6-01 are in the 12.5k range.

At that price range, you get no Android with better or even similar specifications.

The closest is a Moto Defy, which, with it's camera and older GPU(cant play HD games, atleast most of them) make it lower in rating than 603.

So, the closest competitor is the Galaxy i9003 @15k or Sony Neo V @ 16.5k

There you go.

Lawyered.

>Symbian loses both in quality and quantity. Other then Nokia Maps/Ovi maps there is no other symbian app that does not have an equally good/Better android version. Gravity is another but then it costs 10$

> Motorola Defy can play almost all 2010 HD games and many 2011 HD games. The only ones It can't play are those that specifically require a Tegra or a dual core Soc. Most Nokia Belle phones ship with Very good Broadcom Graphics, But since there are not going to be new HD games for symbian,It hardly matters. (All new Belle phones are shipping with 2010 games which N8 used come with:GOF, NFS)

>The only place where Symbian still rules roost other then that awesome Nokia Hardware is the "OOB" experience where the Quality of Default everyday use apps like file manager,Messaging, Contacts apps , Music Player , Video player is much better then the default Android phones.

@OP

Between these 2 phones,Go for Nokia 603. I guess everything here is superior to c6-01 other then the design where I prefer the former.

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me
>Symbian loses both in quality and quantity. Other then Nokia Maps/Ovi maps there is no other symbian app that does not have an equally good/Better android version. Gravity is another but then it costs 10$

cite examples. Symbian has all essential apps that you could ever need. Yes, it also has Fart Noises application which are hot favourites in the ANdroid marketplace.

Motorola Defy can play almost all 2010 HD games and many 2011 HD games. The only ones It can't play are those that specifically require a Tegra or a dual core Soc.

Not true. You have to read reviews of the SOC powering Moto Defy. The GPU is Power VRSGX 530. Have a good look at Optimus Black's review(same GPU). You'll see the reviewers crying that many HD games LAG LAG LAG

Quality of Default everyday use apps like file manager,Messaging, Contacts apps , Music Player , Video player is much better then the default Android phones.

Isnt that what EVERYONE uses 90% of the time on a phone? So Symbian got 90% of the IMPORTANT things right and better than android, that's what you're implying here

---------------------------------------------------------------

@ OP, C7 comes for 16.2k. Better grab the Nokia 701 @ 16.7k

aka911

Skilled
Mar 15, 2005
New Delhi
The android vs symbian os discussion can be had in the mobile discussion section. Here it will just end up confusing the op. Regarding games I had a defy and as I said I could play most hd games.