Nokia c3- Wifi browsing is charged

Hello,

I am using Nokia C3. When I browse using my WiFi, still its being charged as used GPRS. SP is Airtel. Tried to disable the GPRS, but could not locate where exactly to do that.

I dont want to disable the GPRS permanently because sometimes will be needed.

Please help me to solve this problem.

regards,

Anand

Sometimes it asks for choosing the connection. If I select Wifi, still in between it connects to Airtel. Dont know whether Airtel settings is playing something to get extra bucks :)

Sometimes it asks for choosing the connection. If I select Wifi, still in between it connects to Airtel. Dont know whether Airtel settings is playing something to get extra bucks :)

its not a airtel branded phone (like AT&T removed the option to force 2G in settings for androids).. you need to figure out if the WiFi signal quality is low that forces the phone to use GPRS.

If you still think that its airtel, try a different operator and confirm.

Delete all the APNs and try. This will ensure that GPRS cannot be used.

Another option is to try to make a new connection with no APN and set it as default.

Delete all the APNs and try. This will ensure that GPRS cannot be used.

Another option is to try to make a new connection with no APN and set it as default.

+1 to this had done the same for my aunt's C3 when it started acting up similarly.

Moreover make a personal config:

settings=>configuration=>personal confug=>Add

Now in this personal config the settings for gprs should be same add you got from airtel.

After I did the above it started to ask which connection to use while connecting to the net. Do update here if it solves the problem for you.

Hope this helps.
<

Back