Nokia 5700

rite said:
Yes I still think the same

1)N73ME and 73 are priced so close that only an idiot would buy the 73 since u wud need 2 buy a memory card anyway. So only the 73ME makes sense, plus 73 normal prolly has disabled music quality, worse ear phones and bad looks.

N73 doesn't have any music quality disabled .. lol .. Worse earphones ?? Hmmm .. partly agreed ... and bad looks ?? Lol .. check ur eyes .. N73 ME and N73 looks the same :p ..

2)5700 has a better screen. Cam quality suffice for me. Plus it has newer OS and Symbian doesn't run slow on it as on ME.

I wonder why u say the Symbian runs slow on ME .. i mean , bring ur 5700 lets test it :p ... a newer OS doesn't always guarantee better performance .. and about the better looking screen ... dude ... what do u think ?? color depth has its own performance hit ...

@rite

could u give a review on 5700 abt
-the speed when u browse a website and more than one.
-sluggishness of menu(if any)
-can we download a file(other than .sis) in the fone itself?
-how good is the browsing.

basically pratim aka deathvirus yells at his n73me fo0r being slow i dont know why???apart from the camera of n73 there is nothing to boast about. 5700 specs looks promising

5700's a new phone..be aware of tht..normally there are a lot of bugs tht need to be sorted out...so its a bit of a gamble...the n73 is tried n tested..so of the 2, the n73me may still be the better option as an overall phone..plus the rotating block of the 5700 is what made me skeptical about its durability...so i skipped it..;) moving parts will eventually lead to malfunctions..so if u plan to keep it for a longer time, it may not be a good choice..for frequent swappers, its alrite..;) also, the 5700 comes with a 900 mah battery..now tht is not good enuf for a music device and a 16 m color screen..the backup will take a hit for sure..;)

While browsing thru nokia 5700, speed is not really a prob, very rarely it is. it ain't sluggish and neither is there the n73me lag.

i dn't use the internet on it, so don't ask abt browsing or downloading.

Nokia 5700 is faster than the N73ME.

AFAIK has better music quality, the N91 chip which is > N73me

Newer and thus more stylish esp due to the swivel, which doesn't really create prob.

There are as such no probs. In fact the swivel is gr8, makes it look like a vid cam and is the only thing dat attracts attention other than a touch screen i thnk.

the n73me has only one advantage and dat is camera(i dn't consider battery life etc to be a prob in any case). nokia 5700 wins over in speed, style, music, screen, and even in cost. what more do u want.

yeah, but games do have a slight lag esp wen playing the first time.

Hmmm , so i finally get to compare the N73 ME and the 5700 side by side ... here are my conclusions :

(i) The 5700 does seem a bit faster than the N73 ME , but nothing of a drastic difference .. particularly if u compare the SPMark score , u'll get my point .. both the phones score around 1100 .. so the speed difference have to be because of the newer OS 9.2 ...

Winner -> 5700

(ii) The twist design in the 5700 , though this could be my personal opinion , is horrible .. particularly because the side of the pad facing backwards is disabled :p .. plus its prone to damage more easily

Winner -> N73

(iii) The numeric keypad is a hell lot better than the N73 ME , while the menu keys etc. etc. are a million times worse :( .. again this is my personal opinion ..

Winner -> 5700

(iv) It too suffers the same S60 anomaly .. there is a lag while accessing the memory card , like if u have gallery or messaging set to be stored in the MMC .. infact the lag was pretty much the same with the 5700 with 512 MB , and the N73 ME with 2 GB ..

Winner -> None

(v) Likewise the headphone are nothing to write home about ... infact , the sound felt like a bit suppressed .. infact , for all those guys with the 5700 out there , if possible , try out the N73 ME headphones on ur phone .. it'll blow u away .. mark my words .. it'll be shocked .. and infact u might even go and buy urself a N73 ME headphone set :p

Also , the ear plugs feel a bit fragile .. and takes time to actually settle down in your ear

Winner -> N73

(vi) Though the screen is at 240*320 , 16M colors ,.. its slightly smaller than the screen of the N73 ME , and feels lightly less sharper than the N73's .. which is merely at 240*320 , 256K :p .. here is something interesting i found out :

nokian95reviewnokiascrogs6.png

This means that the N73 has a slightly sharper display .. infact , this can also interpret to the slightly faster responsive UI of the 5700 ..

Winner -> N73

(vii) Well , the N73 has a better camera :p .. i had to mention this point .. but even then , te 5700 camera is really good enough .. particularly is u can keep the lighting conditions proper ..

Winner -> N73

(viii) N73 records video at slightly higher resolution , 352*288 , unlike the 5700 , which records at 320*240 ..

Winner -> N73

(ix) One annoying thing about the 5700 is that whenever ur connect the headphone to listen to music it pops out three options .. i don't exactly remember them , but one keep only the headphone enabled , while calls will use the phone speakers ,.. the other keeps both of them on on the headset itself .. wonder why they put this one in .. but at times it gets real irritating ..

Winner -> N73

(x) And finally , Nokia gives use better looking menus ... and hell lot more irritating to traverse ... the 3d menus are cool .. but if ur in a hurry .. it'll irritate u like hell ..

Winner -> None

Nokia N73 : Device Details -- Nokia N73

Nokia 5700 : Device Details -- Nokia 5700 XpressMusic

In my opinion ... both phones are good for their respective prices. . the price of the 5300 has really come down to under 13k's i think (or it'll in a month or so) ... the N73 sits at around 18k's ... a 5k's diff. is quite a bit ... in my opinion , if u can afford the N73 , its definitely better than the 5700 .. but for 13k's , the 5700 is a killer deal ..

*NOTE* .. for some reason , the flash files , using Flash Lite v2.1 , runs better on the N73 than on the 5700 , when u use the high quality mode .. this was done using the built int flash files of the 5700 ..

can someone tell me whats the use of the button which is between the volume buttons on the headset? :ashamed:
i cant find what it is used for. :huh:

also whats the price of a 2gb micro sd? im getting a sandisk for 1600 which is correct i suppose but he said kingston also costs the same. i thought it was cheaper than the sandisk one.

vid rec on 5700 is QVGA 15fps

on 6233 its VGA at 15ps

so 6233 is better in videos but camera on 5700 is better although both are 2mp.

n73 screen is better then 5700 compared side by side. . however 5700 seems a bit faster in menus. . personal opinion . . anyway great deal at 12k. the camera sucks. . again no offence meant but n70 seems to have the best 2mp camera in nokia stable. . 5700 sounds great but is no scratch on n91, although it is a lot better phone then the metal lump. :)

h4x0R said:
hows the video recording on 5700 is it better than 6233? and what about camera.

the 6233 records video at 640*480, 3gp ; while the 5700 records at 320*240, MP4 .. so its pretty obvious that 6233 excels here :p ..

The camera of 5700 is better than N70 i think ... particularly in good lighting conditions ..

yes you need to have good lighting conditions for great pictures. videos are nice too, but maybe not outstanding. the music quality is just awesome.

i really cant write a review. havent ever done it in my life and i dont think ill be able to give a good one. :ashamed:

Back