Nokia 5130 Problem

I have a nokia 5130xm approx a year old ... i switched the cell off and went to sleep last nite but in the morning when i tried switching it back on it didnt .... so i thot the battery must be down ... charged the phone n tried to switch it back on again , this time it asked for the pin code but as i entered the code just after the start up tone it hanged ... none of the keys work , i cant even switch the phone off again ... have to take the battery out and put it back... it turns on but hangs just after the start up tone .. .when i try calling my no. it gives busy tone :( ...

Anyone got any suggestions ?? what shall i do ?? .... :huh:

is there any warranty remaining..???

If yes then take to nokia service centre

else go to a local shop and get it flashed...

Don't try to upgrade using nokia firmware update...

dark.lord.rules said:
ohh..thanz for the advice ... i was goin to update it through nokia firmware ... and no the phone has no warranty ... was bought from sarjah , dubai
Nokia Firmware update can kill ur phn..

Gauravs90 said:
How will it kill the phone?
like he was saying that it does hang in betwwen....

In case while updating the firware it hangs..there might be chances that phn can be bricked...

But if you go to a shop and get it flashed , that would completely erase the old firmware and then only update with new one....

So chances are very less that phn would be bricked...Even if its bricked the shopkepper would be responsible and he would flash again after changing the flash IC of the phn....

Back