Nokia 3110c or SonyEricsson w200i

anil

Disciple
i want to pick a good phone in 4-5k range.
i have zeroed in on the above mentioned models.
Nokia 3110c and SE w200i
but only thing that SE w200i is lacking is bluetooth and has 0.3 MP camera.
Nokia has bluetooth and 1.3MP camera.

is there any other phone in this range.
Is 3110c or SE w200i any good or should i wait a bit and pick nokia 6233 after saving 2000 more:eek:hyeah:

forgot to mention would be using ep 630 once in a while on the phone
which phone has better management for 3.5mm headphones

MP3 playback is not primary requisite, already have Creative Zen VisionM for that

w200 has doesnt really hv a gud screen and if you are not interested in using it as a music device then i cant think why you should try that.

3110c has a horrible keypad on the other hand.

w200 pics will be only useful till the time you store it in the phone. 3110c will be better but not really upto the mark.

6233 on the other hand is a winner all the way. even something like sony k550 will be gud. (k750 toh milega nahin :()

so what i would say is either get a very basic phone in the 2 k range or else get into the 6 k + range and get a 6233 or k550 depending on your personal choice.

Between these two, I'd say it's the 3110c all the way. I bought one recently for my mom and she's absolutely delighted with it..I did a basic test use of it in the shop, and I fuond it quite likeable...and the keypad was fine enough, imho..

And seriously, no Bluetooth on the w200i! That's just unacceptable! And as for the headphones, I don't really know about that - I'm no audiophile, and the supplied set sounded perfectly nice. Added advantage: in Nokia hands-free headphones, you can accept calls using the button thingy on them, and cycle through radio stations as well!

Strictly between these two, 3110c it is..this dealer I went to quoted w200i for 4.5k and the 3110c for 4.8k, and I still bought the Nokia..

If you have any specific questions about its usability/features, do ask..

CAUTION: DO NOT BUY THE NOKIA 3110C!

I bought a Nokia 3110 classic phone after my earlier 6030 was stolen and i have lived to regret it every day. the 3110 c has a major re-starting problem. look-up online to see how much it has affected ppl who have bought this phone. the camera is 1.3 MP but this has to be the worst phone camera available in the market. the images are not sharp, absolutely blurred and the picture quality is in the dumps. the radio is stereo, thankfully, but the reception, even outside, is pathetic. for most of the time i get mono-sound, no matter where i am. the construction of the phone is bad and it creaks! it actually creaks!!! it has bluetooth which works fine and USB which also works fine. battery life is good. but u won't be able to store more than a certain number of songs in the mini-sd card. i had updated the OS to v5.50 and the problem still continues. ppl have tried and given up..so have i. and u can't use yahoo Go! (bundled along with the set) on this. in fact u cannot use opera mini either as the phone will not let you connect to the internet using a java application. i used to use the flurry email client in the 6030 and was sooo happy with it. can't use it on the 3110c. it's a shitty phone. Avoid it. Please.

The only problem i saw with this phone (3110c) was that it overheats for only 10 mins talk. Couldn't bear the heat on the ear.

Sadly my mom is using it.

picked up nokia 6233:hap2:
there is a new color champagne brown.picked it over black:eek:hyeah:
cost 6.9k
it is readily available here in delhi atleast

I know anil's dilemma has been solved, but I really want to say this.

The Nokia 3110c is awesome value for money.

I haven't had my mom complain about any aspect of the phone, and that's a good thing. Us nerds can find workarounds for random niggles, but for a lay-user, everything should Just Work, and this phone does so admirably.

It's solidly built, and can take a beating. I didn't notice any restarting problem, or cracked inside of a screen, or shitty sound, or pathetic radio reception. The camera is decent - it never claims to be awesome, but it's not exactly unusably grainy or tinged or noisy or whatever..

And of course you won't be able to store more than a certain number of songs in the memory card - this is true for any storage device in any format across the world. Storage space is finite. More can be bought, but it is still finite.

Coincidentally, my mom was upgrading from a 6030 as well..

3110c is really a good deal
i was quoted 4.6k for it including a 512MB microSD card .
that much memory should suffice an average user.
6233 only came with a 128 MB card:mad:

have to pick up 1/2 GB microSD for 6233 .
which card should be good .
will 2gb card make the phone slow.anybody using 2gb card with 6233 please clarify this.
i checked the mp3 quality through default nokia headphones.I must say it was as good as an average mp3 player.
i hope using AD49 port with creative ep630 would suffice for daily commute ,so i wont have to take creative ZVM with me daily.

I use a 2gig card with my E51 and it doesn't seem to have had any noticeable impact on the speed.. It's a Sandisk, and set me back by a measly 600odd (Actually got it with my phone - chap charged me 600 extra to throw in the 2gb card, and let me keep the bundled 512meg card as well!)

shr1k said:
I know anil's dilemma has been solved, but I really want to say this.

The Nokia 3110c is awesome value for money.

I haven't had my mom complain about any aspect of the phone, and that's a good thing. Us nerds can find workarounds for random niggles, but for a lay-user, everything should Just Work, and this phone does so admirably.

It's solidly built, and can take a beating. I didn't notice any restarting problem, or cracked inside of a screen, or shitty sound, or pathetic radio reception. The camera is decent - it never claims to be awesome, but it's not exactly unusably grainy or tinged or noisy or whatever..

And of course you won't be able to store more than a certain number of songs in the memory card - this is true for any storage device in any format across the world. Storage space is finite. More can be bought, but it is still finite.

Coincidentally, my mom was upgrading from a 6030 as well..
no, no, don't get me wrong. i wasn't talking abt storage limitations in terms of space. but i have had to completely remove ALL songs from the memory card because if i put songs in it ...say a total of over 300 MB then the phone wud start re-starting. i was talking abt this limitation in respect of the restarting problem. i do earnestly hope that you'll face no troubles with the 3110c. but u appear to have bought the phone quite recently. i have been using it since last october. and in the beginning it was fine, then the re-starting problem started, and i got the firmware upgraded. the problem stopped for a while, but has resurfaced. i have repeatedly reformatted the memory card. no solution to the prob. the only thing i have in the card is a few games...abt 17 MB worth (in a SanDisk 1 GB card). the radio reception is terrible outside (i hope you fare better) with loads of interference and mono-sound in the open. and the phone still creaks without any previous fall etc. perhaps it's just this one. but an internet search shows otherwise. but still, do wish you all the best with ur 3110c. hope you never have to face these issues with ur phone. tc. :)

anil said:
3110c is really a good deal
i was quoted 4.6k for it including a 512MB microSD card .
that much memory should suffice an average user.
6233 only came with a 128 MB card:mad:

have to pick up 1/2 GB microSD for 6233 .
which card should be good .
will 2gb card make the phone slow.anybody using 2gb card with 6233 please clarify this.
i checked the mp3 quality through default nokia headphones.I must say it was as good as an average mp3 player.
i hope using AD49 port with creative ep630 would suffice for daily commute ,so i wont have to take creative ZVM with me daily.
2gb card doesnt slow down 6233.i got mine for abt 550 3months back from amarbir.prices may hav dropped since then

are you sure that 2gb card doesnt slow 6233 down:hap2:
i mean my sister has a nokia 5300 Xpressmusic. i installed a 2gb sandisk microsd card on it and now it is running slow like hell:ashamed: she usually now keeps
700+ mb free to make phone responsive.even 5300 supports 2gb cards.
maybe this problem must be because of low processing speed of nokia 5300.
maybe 6233 has a faster processor.
it would be nice having a 2gb mp3 player:eek:hyeah:

Back