Graphic Cards No warranty: How to get my GFX fixed

Nishu

Adept
Hey guys my GFX is not working properly the fan is spinning but on monitor it says no signal.
I know usually we need to contact the person from whom we purchased the product or just goto service center with necessary documents.
But the issue is that there is no warranty period leftt for my GFX. So i dont have any idea what to do. I dont want to risk by getting it serviced by the local ppl.
So where should i get it repaired or checked.

Graphic Card: MSI R6850 Cyclone Edition
Bought from: www.theitwares.com

In the same situation as you, out of warranty. only difference is that my gpu has memory corruption I guess. shows up some scattered pink colour while bios is loading & it doesnt make it to windows loading.
mine is an msi twin frozr hd7870.

I had same issues on my ati 6850 card( made by msi for hp) so had the chip replaced. Had bought the bga chip from ebay.com.
This was the chip we changed ATI 215-0798006 BGA Chipset NEW Radeon HD6850(Barts Pro)

Last edited:
@Crapmypants it is available for every one. My friend does it for laptops mainly, he did gpu as special case for me. Of course he did charge me. If you send you card to him, he can inspect and give you an idea.
Also he does repair motherboards too. chip level repairs

Actually my cat peed on gfx, but it is all dried up before i switched my PC on. But later after booting into PC it gave no signal error on monitor.
I guess getting it cleaned and checked once might solve the issue.

Actually my cat peed on gfx, but it is all dried up before i switched my PC on. But later after booting into PC it gave no signal error on monitor.
lol :p
jus how did the cat manage to pee on ur gpu?
u kept ur cabinet on floor with side open?

Lol was your cat after some real mouse into your open cabionet???:p

Back