Android No updates in Google play store but Redmi Get apps suggested updates?

Futureized

Skilled
I cannot find any updates for some apps in Google play store but Redmi Get apps always shows same.

Is it safe to update apps?
Tried lot of ways to stop suggestion from get apps, but those always bypass someway or other.

Device is Non rooted redmi note 11 pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-04-22-48-35-527_com.xiaomi.mipicks.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-04-22-48-35-527_com.xiaomi.mipicks.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 50
> is it safe?

Yes, for common apps it should be fine but do you really _need_ an update to ola? from that store?
it's like any other third party store, devs choose to list their apps on that platform.

> why this happens?

Google pushes delta updates, and devs can control what % of devices receive update. First it goes to 5%, they analyze crash and stability stuff, then increase it further. aka staged rollout, similar to how software updates go out from xiaomi. This way, the eager ones kinda beta test your prod app. Maybe xiaomi store doesnt do it, or maybe it does, I dont know, I have never published there

You can update xiaomi specific system apps via that store, so that's your only choice.

it's like any other third party store, devs choose to list their apps on that platform.
Thank you for excellent explanation, appreciated.
Clarified lot of concepts, so in my case Ola update is pushed by official Ola developers, and this is not some modified version from Xiaomi
First it goes to 5%, they analyze crash and stability stuff, then increase it further. aka staged rollout,
I have noticed this often with xiaomi, apps are probably pushed by devs on xiaomi devices and in few days those appear on Google play store.

I assume getapps store of xiaomi is used as a playground to test first.

Back