[no longer available] Free Win 8.1 key to Dreamspark members

Hi

I am trying to get a ACM account but unfortunately i dont have a hold of indian credit card currently cuz im in us right now? I am trying to get this for my brother who is doing ECE engineering. Can anyone help with an indian CC? I will pay back with paypal?

Even an Indian debit card (VISA/MC) works flawlessly on ACM.
Can't you get and use the details of your brother's (or parents') debit card for the same?

Guys need some help here.

Already used up one key each from my DreamSpark kitty for 8.1, 8, and 7. When trying to add another 8.1 key (from the two that were provided) to the cart, I get the following error,

"The item cannot be added to your cart because you have already ordered this item (or a related item) and cannot order it again. You can view your previous order by clicking Your Account above. Download orders can be re-downloaded from there."

Is this a bug or am I being a noob and doing something wrong?

This happens to remaining keys as well, i.e. for 7 and 8 as well. As said above, I procured one key each for those as well.

YOu only get one key now , you will have to find link to chinese/ non english versiion to get another key , earlier you could get 4 keys .

YOu only get one key now , you will have to find link to chinese/ non english versiion to get another key , earlier you could get 4 keys .

Oh... has this been enforced recently? The account is about a couple of months old.
Anybody else facing this issue with a recently created account?

And how exactly does one get another key by finding non-English versions of the said OSes. Also, any link to the same?

Thanks for the prompt reply both times.
I wasn't aware of this fact and anyways, would have been more than happy even if I had only managed to snag a single 8.1 key ; considering the price I paid.

What to put in faculty ID and Student Identification Number ?
In order to take advantage of ACM's Student Academic Initiative (SAI) Program, you must verify your student status by providing ACM with the following information:
  • The name of your Faculty Advisor
  • Your Student Identification Number
Please click on 'My Student Profile' and complete all the required fields, then come back to this page to opt in (just follow the the link 'Microsoft DreamSpark Premium Package' from the left-side navigation).

^ Even I am getting the same. Did you get opt-in automatically after a couple of days ? If not, where does one find the Student ID & Faculty Advisor (my sister is registering for this and she is a CS Engg student right now...)

Yes I enrolled recently and asked for the Student ID and Faculty :(

I have enrolled into a distance education program so just entered that Student ID.

Don't think there will be any validity as it takes whatever you type

Yes I enrolled recently and asked for the Student ID and Faculty :(

I have enrolled into a distance education program so just entered that Student ID.

Don't think there will be any validity as it takes whatever you type

Did you select India from here?
2-jpg (1).jpg

^ Even I am getting the same. Did you get opt-in automatically after a couple of days ? If not, where does one find the Student ID & Faculty Advisor (my sister is registering for this and she is a CS Engg student right now...)
Well I gave my university student ID and a name of faculty I presume anything you enter should be accepted . And after this I got the opt-in option and got into MSDN :)

Can you please tell me -How long it took for you to get the MSDNAA account credentials mail, after you finished you checked the OPT-IN checkbox ?
Its been more than 24 hours and I still have not received any mail....

Also could you please tell me if you chose Bachelors/Masters as your course & Yes / No for the ACM Student Chapter Member option....
(According to the footer note DreamSpark is not available for undergraduate students, exception being ACM student chapter members.)

Thanks

@ev1lb0ygen1us - The site design has changed slightly now...

Can you please tell me -How long it took for you to get the MSDNAA account credentials mail, after you finished you checked the OPT-IN checkbox ?
Its been more than 24 hours and I still have not received any mail....

Also could you please tell me if you chose Bachelors/Masters as your course & Yes / No for the ACM Student Chapter Member option....
(According to the footer note DreamSpark is not available for undergraduate students, exception being ACM student chapter members.)

Thanks

@ev1lb0ygen1us - The site design has changed slightly now...
I see. The idea was to make sure people select India from "Special rates for developing Country". Back when I signed up, some people selected India from some other option. The charge were same but they were asked to submit student ID etc.
Not sure if ACM started to ask students ID for all now.

Hey, I already have an IEEE student account. When I go to IEEE link for MSDN I don't see Windows 8.1, infact only OS I see is windows vista.

Update: IEEE does not have 8.1 access.
and for acm also the 19USDshows not available can someone confirm if i create a new account will it work?
For it to work Your final price should be 900 + 112

Last edited:
Should work I got win 8.1 pro with the rs.1012 ACM account . Follow the tutorial word by word it will work . Region should be india strictly.

Back