(NO GPUs) 'How much can I sell this for?' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the GTX 900 series is very old tech. Would anyone be willing to pay that much for a pretty much legacy card? At that price range I'd rather opt for a newer one with warranty. Even an old Zotac GTX1060 with warranty would do. I would like to know how much he will be offered.

Last edited:
But the GTX 900 series is very old tech. Would anyone be willing to pay that much for a pretty much legacy card? At that price range I'd rather opt for a newer one with warranty. Even an old Zotac GTX1060 with warranty would do. I would like to know how much he will be offered.
I am getting 9000

I am getting 9000
That's the problem with old premium products. No matter how high the performance is people quote very low for old graphics cards and audio product models.
If you don't like what you are offered say its a performance card and you expect this x much. Or sell it on olx. Just put the performance summary in the description.
But you should also remember that its a very old card 3-4 gen old. So try to make it reasonable.

Last edited:
You're looking at this in the wrong way, the power consumption diff between maxwell and pascal is pretty significant. As @DanteErodov said, a 980ti = 1070, however the total TDP of a 980ti compared to a 1070 is a 100 watt difference. As well as driver support, completely forgot about that
That's the problem with old premium products. No matter how high the performance is people quote very low for old graphics cards and audio products.
If you don't like what you are offered say its a performance card and you expect this x much. Or sell it on olx. Just put the performance summary in the description.

That's the problem with old premium products. No matter how high the performance is people quote very low for old graphics cards and audio product models.
But you should also remember that its a very old card 3-4 gen old. So try to make it reasonable.
I'm asking for 11000

Last edited:
You're looking at this in the wrong way, the power consumption diff between maxwell and pascal is pretty significant. As @DanteErodov said, a 980ti = 1070, however the total TDP of a 980ti compared to a 1070 is a 100 watt difference. As well as driver support, completely forgot about that
If you think so good luck selling that for 14k. Most people don't and won't care about drivers or energy consumption and quote/buy on the overall performance and the GTX980Ti ≠ GTX 1070. The GTX1070 is better even if its some %.
Main problem here is the fact that its a very old model. Drivers and energy consumption don't play any role here.

If you think so good luck selling that for 14k. Most people don't and won't care about drivers or energy consumption and quote/buy on the overall performance and the GTX980Ti ≠ GTX 1070. The GTX1070 is better even if its some %.
Main problem here is the fact that its a very old model. Drivers and energy consumption don't play any role here.
Heh, it might have sounded like i was disagreeing with you but i was with you this whole time. I thought that he might have expected more from his 980ti but the fact that not only is it old, out of warranty, 3 gens out of date, not power effecient and is basically end of cycle shouldn't expect alot. I thought you were telling him that it was a premium product and he should expect more lol. In my opinion i think most people would care about the energy consumption more often then not these days, since it would then decide what psu i have to get or what gpu i have to get for my PSU.

The above mentioned points by @iPwnz & @Rezep are absolutely correct. I didn't really consider the generational age & power consumption aspects while quoting the price.

I would however still say that you should be able to sell it for more than a 1060 because those are selling for around 10k despite having no warranty. Maybe targeting 11-12k would be a better idea considering the above points.

OT: @jtnrao7 I have hard that these cards have pretty good overclocking headroom & could reach 1400MHz boost clock easily. Have you tried anything like that yet?

The above mentioned points by @iPwnz & @Rezep are absolutely correct. I didn't really consider the generational age & power consumption aspects while quoting the price.

I would however still say that you should be able to sell it for more than a 1060 because those are selling for around 10k despite having no warranty. Maybe targeting 11-12k would be a better idea considering the above points.

OT: @jtnrao7 I have hard that these cards have pretty good overclocking headroom & could reach 1400MHz boost clock easily. Have you tried anything like that yet?
No, never overclocked it.

Will be coming back home, Delhi, after 1.5 years. Have an extra 5900x CPU available. Just checking if there was any interest and what the scene in India was for these Amperes and Vermeers, it's sheer madness back in the states. Bringing it is a non-issue for the right price/interest. Thanks.

How much can I sell a DDR3 16GB supported MSI-P43-C51 chipset board in excellent condition, maintenance, never overclocked for, run with extra fans to cool the chipset and MOSFET's, etc for?
Would ₹3,900 be reasonable?

Also i have a Core 2 Quad Q6600 never clocked - would ₹1,200 be reasonable?

What do you guys think I can expect for a One year old iphone xs 64 gb space grey with applecare extended warranty till Feb 2022. Battery 88%. Physically great condition. Croma is giving 33k as exchange price and I haven't told them about the extended warranty worth 4500.
Can i expect significantly better through open sale.

What do you guys think I can get for:

1. Asus RX580 Dual (non-OC) 8GB (out of warranty) and

2. Intel i5 9400F - 03/2019 purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back