Camera Nikon Flash

Anshul

Disciple
Need one for taking pics of my dogs indoors. I get down real low when I take the pics so bounce flash from the ceiling wont give good results I think :S

Get Nikon SB900 for 25k. Pretty decent flash. :)

If you want to skimp, then get the SB600 for around 13k

If you really want to skimp with a barebones direct TTL flash then get the SB400 for some 7k.

If you feel that is too much, then get a manual Vivitar flash. However its fully manual and may take some getting used to.

The sb 400 seems nice but i'm not sure if its good enough for what I want (shooting from a foot above the ground)

big no to manual flash - I need to worry about composition, framing, colours, etc instead.

sb-400 doesnot bounce to left/right, it only has the upward pointing thingy....

i am watching this thread closely, have somewhat similar requirements :)

Found this at dpreview

2370624750_903d3d861d_b.jpg

Looks good at 75 degrees. But will it be good for my dogs that are just about 1-2 feet above the ground :S

If U have 25k ofcourse Nikon SB900 is the best option :p

else U can also hop around SB600 decent for the need..

BTW, in other forums many people had give +ve reviews for Nissin, Sunpak and Yongnuo flashes...

You can look for them too..

EnigmatriX said:
Man tell what your budget is..!!
I want to know if the SB 400 will get the job done. If it wont I'll save for the SB 600.

But there's no way I'm going to spend 25K on a flash.

I think you should go with sb600 its better. more powerful than the sb400. Even if you want to light up something else other than your dog then it will come in handy but not the case with sb400 which has limited power and reach.

I think there is going to be a replacement of sb600 so you might wanna wait. If you immediately need a flash get a manual one. It is not as bad as you think. You can get one for less than 1k

Anshul said:
I want to know if the SB 400 will get the job done. If it wont I'll save for the SB 600.

But there's no way I'm going to spend 25K on a flash.
SB400 could create problem sometimes since it does not move..

hence U cannot tilt it left right or up down.. hence could be a diffusing problem..

Back