NFS Carbon Drift thread

yeh, EA makes these games like that, no damage, stupid wall rides, what the heck, one can jus bang the wall at any speed and use the wall to turn, that is sick ....

u drifted in MW :O, are u talkin abt the powerslides when u race normally in circuit/sprint or drift coz as far as i kno MW did not have drift :p

Gran Turismo is realistic and it cant be compared to Carbon .

TOCA, CMR series are the good sims on the PC

consoles kinda rule in this category, GT series, Forza motorsport, PGR ....

saumilsingh said:
PC doesn't have good sims? Last I checked it was the only place one could find any.

oO, the only place for sims is a PC ??????

what abt Gran turismo, is it on the PC ????? , i dun think so .... :p

what abt Gran turismo, is it on the PC ????? , i dun think so ....

Yeah! In real life, cars are invincible and suffer no damage when you slam them into walls or other cars.

I don't care much for racers but how people can time and time again consider GT to be the pinnacle of sim racers is beyond me.

Yeah, i've been into it Tifo. Sims on PC make GT4 feel like arcade.

But really that's a good thing. Sims will never appeal to the mass audience (Sims lead to more frustration in mastering than entertainment, they'd rather drive a real thing), GTR2 on a console will like, sell some 40,000 copies at max.

Gt4 is a good mix of arcade and a little sim on Ps2.

Though there's one multiplatform 'real sim' on the Ps2 (I guess) - Richard Burns Rally.

Comparison of racing simulators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comparison of racing sims. Richard Burns compares up well to the likes of LfS and GTR2.

And by the way, I think DFP is mandatory to enjoy Gt4 :

It works with most driving games on the playstation and has a RRP of £99.99 at most stores. It is viewed by many that when used with Gran Turismo 4 to be very comparable with an actual racing experience. This is mostly due to the force feedback feature which actually causes the steering wheel not only to vibrate when clipping the side of the road or something but if it is raining, it causes the wheel to 'feel mushy' and it will be less responsive. Also, if you go over bump, the wheel will jolt and make the driver feel as if he was in a real car.

-Wiki

I wonder if they'll keep the same wheel support with Gt5 on Ps3 or have G25 be the official wheel for the game....

DFP works with GT HD demo released on Ps3 with FFB.

YouTube - PS3 Force Feedback Yes on GT HD

And btw, think there could ever be a driving simulator on the Wii? XD

for some reason i can't edit the above post, but did anyone notice this?

crkett7.png

just to let you guys know, i'm working on a 13 million point run in gold valley, which will be a world record if i do it, and i'm certain it's possible. wish me luck, i'm gonna need it! :)

iam back :D

i played carbon today after a long time (2months actually) and this is what i did, 12.7 mil on Gold valley run :p, too bad i cudnt record the vid, but i will try to make a 13 mil + vid. For now I can say that my score on GVR is the present world record, which will be broken in a day or two by snakebite :p

herz the proof of some canyon madness :p

Attachments

• NFSC 2007-03-08 20-12-00-87.JPG
    NFSC 2007-03-08 20-12-00-87.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 126
  • NFSC 2007-03-08 20-12-16-85.JPG
    NFSC 2007-03-08 20-12-16-85.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 117
  • NFSC 2007-03-08 20-12-20-34.JPG
    NFSC 2007-03-08 20-12-20-34.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 124
  • NFSC 2007-03-08 20-12-29-01.JPG