Nexus 7 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

axeteve

Disciple
Jun 28, 2012
I am really confused weather to buy nexus 7 or galaxy tab2.

Advantage of galaxy tab2

1. Sim slot
2.Front facing camera

Advantage of Nexus7

1.Very good processor and ram
2.More developer support

But i cannot make decision as i don't want to buy nexus 7 only to find out weather it support 3g dongles.So if any of you can test the 3g dongles on your device then it will be a great help for me and many others.Also on the xda developers i see many peoples complaining about the screen popping out issues does any body here experienced this and if yes how fixed it.

If you are not a power user then get a tab which got sim slot, It may sound loony or murky, But trust me, In india if you don't have wifi router in your pocket all the time then its a waste to buy a Tablet.
I'm saying this as a power user. I use and abuse my tablets day and night. :)

Having said that, Experience on a good dual /quad core latest software enabled tablet like Elf 2 (Amlogic 8726 MX Dual core 1GB ICS 4.0.4) or Yuando N70 (Rockchip3066 1GB, JB 4.1.1) or Pipo U1 (Rockchip3066 1GB, JB 4.1.1, 1280x800IPS) is amazing.

Now why I've listed these^^.... ? Just to tell you that time has changed and is changing very fast. Pipo U1 & Yuando N70 comes with all bells and whistles of Nexus7 + sd card+usb 2.0+otg etc. with comparable performance (with cwm+cm port they'll perform even better) and it is just matter of time before some eBay seller start selling them here.

Till then hold your horses or if you're adventures type like myself.. Then step into Chinese Jungle armed with your credit card. You might hunt down some beastly tablets.

:) Enjoy

v.Na5h

Skilled
Nov 20, 2009
Mumbai
24228522.jpg

ubergeek

Skilled
Jul 10, 2007
Ima reallly looking forward to makijng this as my first android tab any idea on when it is releasing in india?

pratikb

Skilled
Mar 2, 2011
mostly ipad mini is coming for sure.
lets wait and watch.
apple controls 68percent ; and wont like to let these small tablets take over that share.
we shall get smaller iPad mini.

wr8_utd

Adept
Oct 21, 2009
So this is available with the manufacturers warranty on Indiatimes now. The only problem is that the 16gb is for 22k. Does anyone have any coupons for Indiatimes?

ayaskant12

Adept
Dec 22, 2009
I bought the tab2 due to sim slot
support may be good but trust me if u need a tablet for browsing games and videos
even ICS will keep getting the job done very nicely for 2years

But limited storage and lack of 3g will surely be a huge demerit

Trust me my experience with playbook though playbook is a solid device but wifi only sucks in india

wr8_utd

Adept
Oct 21, 2009
I bought the tab2 due to sim slot
support may be good but trust me if u need a tablet for browsing games and videos
even ICS will keep getting the job done very nicely for 2years

But limited storage and lack of 3g will surely be a huge demerit

Trust me my experience with playbook though playbook is a solid device but wifi only sucks in india

Not too worried about lack of 3G. I'll just use my Sensation as a hotspot.

wr8_utd

Adept
Oct 21, 2009
Has anyone shopped electronics from Indiatimes.com? Their site says it comes with 1 year manufacturers warranty but it seems fishy since it's not yet officially launched..

m0h1t

drinks like a fish
Skilled
Sep 29, 2007
Has anyone shopped electronics from Indiatimes.com? Their site says it comes with 1 year manufacturers warranty but it seems fishy since it's not yet officially launched..

I don't think Indiatimes or Cart2India (which gets the product from US) will honour warranty here! That's why they've specified on their page that its 1 year manufacturer warranty.

wr8_utd

Adept
Oct 21, 2009
Doesn't manufacturer warranty mean I'll get warranty if I did take it to the Asus service centre here? I mean there's got to be some reason that Indiatimes is saying that it's got warranty unlike Tradus, Homeshop18 and grabmore which don't mention it..

Status
Not open for further replies.