Storage Solutions New Writer..

Adept
Looking to buy a new Writer. So Plz tell me which is the best DVD Writer I can get locally @ NP? Samsung SH-223F or LG GH22NS30 or any other?
n Also whats the rate of Blu-Ray Disc Writers? I saw discussion going on about LG GGWH20L in this forum? Does it cost 6k? Is it a good writer?

thetoxicmind said:
IMHO, LG dvd writers are quite reliable whereas Samsung's writers are cheaper & faster....

And the LG GGWH20L writer is really good !
LG GGC-H20L Reviews

I wont mind spending a couple of hundred bucks more if going for a DVD Writer..Is the LG one better?

Does LG GGWH20L support writing of Dual Layer Blu-Ray disc n HD-DVD disc?

188007 said:
I wont mind spending a couple of hundred bucks more if going for a DVD Writer..Is the LG one better?

Does LG GGWH20L support writing of Dual Layer Blu-Ray disc n HD-DVD disc?

Yes,it does support writing of dual layer Blu-Ray discs.

And it only supports reading of HD-DVD discs...

I highly doubt if you'll be writing on dual-layer blu-ray discs...

let alone considering availability of media for the same and the fact that single-layer ones have a capacity of 25gb !!!

Overall,the LG GGWH20L is a great start as far as Blu-ray writers are concerned...

thetoxicmind said:
Overall,the LG GGWH20L is a great start as far as Blu-ray writers are concerned...

But dont think the same price holds good now. It was ~ 5.9k back then. Croma must've run out of stocks as well.

Gunman said:
But dont think the same price holds good now. It was ~ 5.9k back then. Croma must've run out of stocks as well.

Well i've made no mention of its price..
don think he has a specific budget either...

Gunman said:

Oh! Isnt the price 6k now?
n I didnt mentioned the budget thinking the price will vary in a few hundreds only considering a DVD Writer..
But I asked about the Blu-Ray writer considering its price of 6k...I will try to go for it if the price would be low..

Back