new wifi router+modem for dataone

lokeshv

Disciple
Hi,

sorry to open new thread , i have checked old threads but just could find one option
linksys WAG200G .

any other option?

also is someone can mention the price that will be helpful. itwares mention price of above model 3750.

currently i have bsnl type 4 modem and it really giving me lot of problems. it just unstables, hangs lot of time. and refuse to save any setting.
also when wireless is on it just too slow. my iptv hangs.

seems it cant take this much load(wifi+iptv+internet).
so need a stable option .

Thanks

i have bsnl type4 modem currently, but its giving me too much problems.

its not utstar one..its the ITI one.

and my current modem on rent , i haven't bought it . so even i go for modem + router .it will cost almost same

linksys WAG200G is not a good option ?

Get the Huawei or uTStar modem. I had the Linksys WAG325N (The 802.11n version of the 200G) and it used to keep disconnecting and dropping the ADSL line with BSNL.

I now use the uTStarcomm modem with the WRT600N

BSNL is giving the basic modem free, the wifi one comes for 1800 and buffalo one comes to abt 2k so get the basic one if they are ready to give for no rental, and use buffalo one mentioned by anish..

I'm using a Linksys WAG160N with a BSNL connection back home that's absolutely rock solid. No disconnections whatsoever. I'm also using a WAG200G with an Airtel connection out here in Pune that's been going rock-solid without any issues whatsoever.

@Anish: Maybe it was a bad unit that you got.

umm

actually its related to my work. its remains ON 24-7. and when this modem give me problem it just irritates me too much.

and i dont think bsnl guys will change and give me new ustar modem (unless i want to shift to type1 from type4). earlier i had zte type 1 modem.

so thing is i am willing to spend some money but want a good stable option.
btw may i ask.. my current modem just not able to save any settings on any rebbot/restart it just reset to defulat settings , what could be reason behind this ?

guess i am too confused...

Back