New Vodafone Mobile Connect Postpaid Data Plans

vb86

Adept
Just spoke to the CC. They have informed me about the new post paid data plans for VMC. VMC supports full internet access including tethering. Plans are as follows:

Rs. 198 - 3gb/month
Rs. 250 - 4gb/month
Rs. 300 - 5gb/month
Rs. 500 - unlimited access

This is way cheaper than the Rs. 499 I'm currently paying for 500mb usage.

Plans are not mentioned on their site though.

These plans have been confirmed by Vodafone. I contacted them via email. The good thing is that this plan integrates Vodafone Mobile Connect and Vodafone Live. So, no need to go for separate plans.

Eg: If you go for the Rs. 198 plan, the combined usage for VMC and VL is 3gb. This can be really beneficial for some Blackberry users who were using:

- BB data plans for BBM, mail and surfing.

- VL for media streaming apps like youtube.

- VMC for tethering.

There is also a new 599 unlimited BB data plan!

Mumbai nw has no clue about this plan and they say there are no changes and the unlimited plan costs 899 givin a max speed of 250Kbits/sec.
They have asked to go and inquire at the vodafone store for any changes in the plan.
Just wanted to know i have BB unlimited surfing plan on my phone... is it possible to connect to the internet on my comp using this plan????? if so how????

The Prosumer 599 BB plan is definitely available in Mumbai. If you want tethering (connecting to your laptop), I suggest you add the 198 Rs. VMC plan to it. Since it already has VL included, media streaming apps like youtube and other internet radio apps will work just fine on your BB.

In short:

BB 599 for mail, bbm and surfing on the phone.

198 VMC+VL for tethering (connecting to your laptop) and media apps on your phone.

Alternatively, you can opt for the Prosumer 299 lite BB plan. This will allow you to use BBM and mail, but browsing on the phone will be blocked. I don't think you can use VMC as an APN on your BB to surf. So even if you add the 198 plan, i don't think you'll be able to surf on the phone. Tethering and apps will work though!

Hey any news about Mumbai circle? I talked in CC but as usual no info.. They are explaining about VL.. lolz..

I am using 499 rps plan.. In which plan it will be converted (if available in mumbai!!)?

Is calling them the only way to subscribe to the Rs. 198 - 3gb/month plan?? There's absolutely no info about these new plans anywhere on their site it appears.

Using the 198/- 3gb plan since last 1.5 months speed is good on phone can't say about comp as never used it with my lappy.

Sent from my Spice_Mi300 using Tapatalk

I think 198 /3gb plan is also not available for postpaid users .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

PhotostarSR said:
These are still expensive.

In Vodafone Bangalore(Karnataka), i pay Rs.95/month for 4GB :)

Is there any special plan in banglore or some corporate offer?

Roxtin said:
Using the 198/- 3gb plan since last 1.5 months speed is good on phone can't say about comp as never used it with my lappy.

Sent from my Spice_Mi300 using Tapatalk
are you using the plan on postpaid??

^ 1GB /99 per month is Vodafone Live right not vodafone connect :S .It doesnt let you access mails / apps on iPhone or does it ? Someone please confirm .

^Not of the plans work with iphone

I blore they have a 99Rs unlimited and 399Rs unlimited plan but both of these don't work on iphone

the cheapest plan for iphone is 400 bucks for a paltry 200Mb download:(

FaH33m said:
^ 1GB /99 per month is Vodafone Live right not vodafone connect :S .It doesnt let you access mails / apps on iPhone or does it ? Someone please confirm .
Yes...it's Vodafone Connect now...you can use email/apps without using proxy...just by selecting www as apn...try it out :D. You can also use it as 10 paise/10 kB ;)

Yes...it's Vodafone Connect now...you can use email/apps without using proxy...just by selecting www as apn...try it out . You can also use it as 10 paise/10 kB

But the speeds are so freaking so slow, can hardly surf. Hope those communication prick ministry gets the number portability quick.

Back