Car & Bike New tyres for Hyundai i20 Sportz 2010

akskap

Disciple
I own a Hyundai i20 Sportz 2010. Tyres are due for replacement now.

Have been exploring the options from the past one week but all the information has left me rather confused and I am unable to decide.

Stock tyres were Apollo Acelere 185/65 R14. Comfort and reliability are the two most important concerns for me. I am not planning for upsizing the current tyres also, although, two dealers have recommended to go for 185/70 R14. Both have recommended Apollo tyres. I am skeptical if I should even upsize the stock size.

Car has done 50k kms already with ~40K kms in city itself.

I'm guessing it's a petrol i20. In that case do not bother about tyre upsize. Yokohama Earth 1, Michelin XM2 are the brands that come to mind immediately.

I own a Hyundai i20 Sportz 2010. Tyres are due for replacement now.

Have been exploring the options from the past one week but all the information has left me rather confused and I am unable to decide.

Stock tyres were Apollo Acelere 185/65 R14. Comfort and reliability are the two most important concerns for me. I am not planning for upsizing the current tyres also, although, two dealers have recommended to go for 185/70 R14. Both have recommended Apollo tyres. I am skeptical if I should even upsize the stock size.

Car has done 50k kms already with ~40K kms in city itself.

If you want more comfort, take the advice and get the 70.

Thanks for the reply.

Any ideas on the cost ? Dealer has quoted me 3.5k for Apollo Amzer 4G 185 70 R14.
Recently got Michelin XM2 for my A-Star and cost was around 4k. Have been using XM2 for both my cars for the last 7-8 years. I do mostly change tyres every 30k kms.
And yes, increasing to 70 will definitely increase comfort as suggested by others.

Family car came with michellin xm1's and after they were used up got xm2's. good tyres and much better with the road noise than others. unless you want to take corners at 50+kmh upsizing will only reduce your mileage amd make the car feel a little more underpowered. Increasing the side profile will provide the improvements you're looking for.
Also, dont go to the hyundai car dealer/showroom/service centre for tyres. go direcly to a full-on tyre dealer. trust me there is a HUGE difference in the quality of work and service b/w car and tyre dealers.

I have recently upgraded yo yokohama c drives 195/60 15". There is a drastic change in ride quality and comfort. The car feels butter smooth and extremely gripped to the road. The tire costed me 4.7k. Worth every penny, being a ride quality enthusiast.

I purchased yokohama earth1 185 70 R14.. costed 16k for four tyres. Din't notice much difference in the ride comfort though. Steering feels a bit lighter, that's it. :|

Dealer din't recommend xm2 ... He said recently there has been a rise in complaints regarding cracks developing in the XM2s... But honestly speaking yokohama dint impress me to a great extent... Drive seems to be like it used to be earlier... Or may be I need to go on a long drive to have a better experience... Drove through city traffic for about 30 mins after the upgrade..

I think apollo ones were somewhat softer than yokohama.. I will also get the pressure checked in all of the tyres today..

I experienced drastic change in driving in just a 100m run just after my upgrade though the tyres were overpuffed by the seller. C-Drives or any other soft rubber tyres anyday for an upgrade now.

Back