FS: Storage Hardware New & Sealed OCZ Vertex 4 - 128GB SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
120/128GB SSDs are going for $90 in the US ( ~5500 ) brand new. Let me know if you can sell for 4000. Ebay listing is required ( I will pay any additional listing charges ) for smooth transaction

120/128GB SSDs are going for $90 in the US ( ~5500 ) brand new. Let me know if you can sell for 4000. Ebay listing is required ( I will pay any additional listing charges ) for smooth transaction

First ,There is a way called "PM" to negotiate on price not on selling thread, You are a quite old member here & should be wise enough to know that..
Second, if you are getting it for 4k or for 90$ from USA, buy it from there..I am not forcing anyone to buy it..

In amazon & Newegg it is selling for 130$..so a new one from US will cost around 8300+ Shipping+ Customs..
Link- http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Technology-2-5-Inch-Industrys-Warranty/dp/B007R1FH3K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380985554&sr=8-2&keywords=vertex 4

@Mainak777 : the average USD:INR rate in January was 54 (http://www.x-rates.com/average/?from=USD&to=INR&amount=1&year=2013)
the average price was 95-100 USD.
also,shipping and customs is relative, since not everyone needs to ship it.
ps> this was posted, since you got into an elaborate pricing explanation in the above post. also, keep in mind this product has no warranty, no bill, no proof of purchase..
I don't know what is the average price BUT the price of Vertex 4 was never 95$-100$ or anything in January..don't just make any assumptions until you provide some proof....That time it was around 8.2k-8.5k in India..Shipping & Customs may be relative in your case but i paid for Customs & shipping..
Since you have mentioned about Conversion rate of 54 ..You should keep in mind that you must add taxes of Paypal too..and lastly the price is well bellow the current market price..
PS:- It is common courtesy to negotiate about price through PM..Not on selling thread..

I don't know what is the average price BUT the price of Vertex 4 was never 95$-100$ or anything in January..don't just make any assumptions until you provide some proof....That time it was around 8.2k-8.5k in India..Shipping & Customs may be relative in your case but i paid for Customs & shipping..
Since you have mentioned about Conversion rate of 54 ..You should keep in mind that you must add taxes of Paypal too..and lastly the price is well bellow the current market price..
PS:- It is common courtesy to negotiate about price through PM..Not on selling thread..

I just sent you the above average USD-INR Rate, so you know now. My Average Price was off by $5, it retailed around $105, assuming you bought this in January 2013 ;)
Also, if you dont remember the price you paid, it is quite interesting you mention paypal purchase taxes ( which i have never paid!). Since you mentioned Paypal, please provide the receipt on PayPal on your sale thread. Also, customs and duties paid should be available with you, assuming there is an electronic trail.

Nothing wrong with being fully transparent, nothing wrong in using current exchange rates for a comparison ( even if they are higher ).

Also, I am not negotiating, which I made clear on my post above, since you provided a breakdown of prices, I was happy to provide a more realistic pricing without * paypal taxes and customs and shipping *

I bought it through Ishopinternational..i got the bill but it is lost thats why i mentioned NO in my listing & it is not important since i cant get warranty with that bill here...I mentioned Paypal but i never mentioned i bought it through Paypal? did i? Aren't you assuming too much?

There is always some taxes on current $ rate..Assuming today 1$= 61.88 Rupees but if you buy it through Ishop it will cost you 1$=64 Rupees..Check the attached screenshot to see the conversion rate..And i also heard they take some charge (3%) on conversion rate through Paypal..so i mention d it...

I am being fully transparent here....The Price of a product should be based on current market price not for how much i bought it..and there is always some negotiations can be done BUT Through PM only..Thanks..

Attachments

• Ishop.jpg
    Ishop.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 122
I bought it through Ishopinternational..i got the bill but it is lost thats why i mentioned NO in my listing & it is not important since i cant get warranty with that bill here...I mentioned Paypal but i never mentioned i bought it through Paypal? did i? Aren't you assuming too much?
why mention paypal taxes? I assumed you were to the point, mentioning Paypal taxes just for the heck of it was pointless.. no?

also, i can happily post invoices where i made purchases on paypal with NO TAXES.

There is always some taxes on current $ rate..Assuming today 1$= 61.88 Rupees but if you buy it through Ishop it will cost you 1$=64 Rupees..Check the attached screenshot to see the conversion rate..And i also heard they take some charge (3%) on conversion rate through Paypal..so i mention d it...

those are not taxes, a charge is not a tax, there is a difference!

I am being fully transparent here....
Not really, i am more than happy to elaborate..

The Price of a product should be based on current market price not for how much i bought it..
Nothing wrong with being fully transparent, nothing wrong in using current exchange rates for a comparison ( even if they are higher ).

did i say otherwise?
and there is always some negotiations can be done BUT Through PM only..Thanks..

Also, I am not negotiating, which I made clear on my post above, since you provided a breakdown of prices, I was happy to provide a more realistic pricing without * paypal taxes and customs and shipping *
I am not negotiating.... as mentioned earlier as well..

Last edited:
I don't care what you did or for how much you bought it or what INVOICE" you had..I don't have it so i SIMPLY put "NO"..is it that much difficult to understand it?
Yes those are not taxes..Those are conversion rate which i just confirm..and i mentioned it since you mention of Rs-52 in the month of January..
so it is upto me in which price i will sell it & it is courtesy of a forum that people should negotiate about price through PM and therefore i just elaborate the price of current since the person mention the price of 95$..
is there anything wrong in my elaboration about the price?
It doesn't matter to me what you think about my transparency since i am clear about it from my side..what you think is your "ELABORATION" is just useless arguing/crapping in my point of view..

@Mainak777 : Agreed on the first point that PM is the preferred mode to communicate, but posted from my phone and was in a hurry. I am not a person to lowball, and WAS interested in purchasing a SSD for my wife's laptop without preference for brands as long as it works fine and is new ( not used/rma'd ).

1 ) Everyone has a right to their opinion, you may not like it

2 ) I am not FORCING YOU TO SELL. It was an offer, which you could have negotiated if required.
3 ) I mentioned that 120/128GB SSD drives are going for ~$90. I never mentioned brand/speed/size/color/race/age/shoe size/other details which you may feel are relevant . Refer the links at the end of the post
4 ) My offer no longer stands. I understand that our expectations, both from the deal as well as each other are not going to converge for a mutually beneficial deal.
5 ) It doesn't matter what YOU PAID. It's your luck. If you get something cheap during a sale, doesn't mean you sell it cheap later on. Sunk cost cannot be the basis of negotiating/pricing

Will not reply to any messages in this thread from this point onwards.

PS : Read a few of my earlier trade threads. I gave away free RAM/other devices which I no longer required to fellow TE members.

http://www.amazon.com/120GB-Noteboo...f=sr_1_26?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1381237275&sr=1-26
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-HDTS2...f=sr_1_21?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1381237240&sr=1-21
http://sellers.pricewatch.com/public/info2.aspx?i=26&aid=207992891&z=5660&ro=3&a=999978

@ akg7091
Well everyone is not in your position to giveaway things like you did..I am in need of cash so i am selling it..
It wasn't any opinion..it was basically low-balling on selling thread [Even you claimed that you are not a low-baller ] which honestly i didn't like..
Lastly when you have mentioned about 90$, you should have mention about brand & other information..it may be irrelevant for you but not in my case.

-Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back