New rig for gaming(some inquiries)

okay so finally i will be getting a new (hardcore)gaming rig soon,the budget hasn't been decided yet.but it will be somewhere around 80k-90k.I have decided upon a few components and need some suggestions on them and some few alternatives.

proccy-core i7 2600k(i will be oc'ing a lot)
Cabinet-NZXT Tempest Evo or Phantom?
PSU-Corsair HX750 or coolermaster silent pro ones?
cpu cooler-noctua NH-D14
Motherboard- ASUS P8P67 PRO
RAM-8GB or 12? DDR3 1600MHz gskill ripjaws or...?(considering OC)
GPU-RADEON HD 6970(which company one?)

I will be gaming in HD on my 32 inch HDTV,and will all the above components fit in my budget?and i was also thinking of crossfire...will it fit?and do we have to do something to enable games to use the 2 gpu's?suggestions about the cabinet and RAM too would be nice!thanks!

i have intentionally avoided the buying advice template because i am not exactly buying it now,just taking some suggestions...

Get a 2600k only if you require the extra threads. Games are just starting to use quad core, so unless you're using applications that require more threads, a 2500k should suffice for all your needs.

For your specs, I would suggest getting a Cooler Master HAF series. HAF 932 or HAF X.

Corsair is the way to go for PSU's. If you plan to crossfire in the future, you may want to bump it to 850w.

CPU cooler, I would advise you to go for the Corsair H60 or H80. I'm suggesting this based on comparisons with the Hyper 212+.

8 gig RAM should suffice.

Get a MSI GPU with the twin frozr cooler. Should help you overclock better.

nice suggestions but are there any significant advantages in getting a H60 or a H80 instead of the noctua one?and i dont use any application which can use 8 threads but still i think games will start using more threads in the near future...

2600k will be just overkill...use that money on good cooler and nhd14 will eat h70 alive anyday....

as for cabby go foe haf-x....as for the psu get an ax850/ax950...

sudhanshu123 said:
nice suggestions but are there any significant advantages in getting a H60 or a H80 instead of the noctua one?and i dont use any application which can use 8 threads but still i think games will start using more threads in the near future...
I'm not familiar with noctua coolers. Personally, I was deciding between h60 and
hyper 212+. Decided to just get a hyper 212+. Depends on your needs bro. If you
plan on extreme overclocking, liquid cooling is a must. I doubt if I'll go above 4Ghz
for the next 6-8 months.

As for your query, H80 has a bigger radiator/dual fans and therefore cools better than
the H60. If you've got the money, get the H80, else even the H60 will cool optimally.

And I maybe wrong, but I seriously doubt we'll see games requiring 8 threads any time
soon. There are only a handful of studios out there who have their games make use
of every bit of hardware present. You'll do fine with a 2500k. :)

^^frankly speaking h80 is useless if you don't care bout the silence...it's better to get an D14....

for a proper lc one should go for custom LC kits...

And I maybe wrong, but I seriously doubt we'll see games requiring 8 threads any time

soon. There are only a handful of studios out there who have their games make use

of every bit of hardware present. You'll do fine with a 2500k

Exactly....no need for 8 threads unless Encoding or Decoding...

sudhanshu123 said:
i have intentionally avoided the buying advice template because i am not exactly buying it now,just taking some suggestions...

If you don't have an intention of buying now, then don't take suggestions now because PC hardware scene is very fast paced. Today a particular component is best and tomorrow something new comes out which will pawn the previous king.

As of now, AMD is launching their Bulldozer CPU's and everyone's waiting to see how well it performs.

As for your config that you have selected, 2600k is way overkill for gaming as everyone else has already mentioned. 2500K is more than enough for gaming.

yes i know viralbug and frankly bulldozer's one of the reason i am not buying now.and sumon i am a complete noob when it comes to lc,can you tell me the major players in this arena and for what should i look out for here?

i say you read up a lot...contact people like mav2000 , infected :)

they can guide you better..IMO its no use getting an h series cooler...

i will pm you some links or post em here when i go through my backups:)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

and why p67? IMO z68 would have been better...just saying coz they will give you support for 22nm nest generation proccies from INTEL

sumonpathak said:
and why p67? IMO z68 would have been better...just saying coz they will give you support for 22nm nest generation proccies from INTEL

He will still need a new motherboard if he really wants to take advantage of newer

RAM speeds, PCIe etc etc.. Besides, why upgrade to Ivy Bridge for just 20% speed

increase when he can just OC the current one and upgrade when Haswell chips comes out.

Back