New Reliance Wimax Connection: Make sense ?

does someone has the wimax person number??

i call above number i get call for land broadband...and doing his promotion...so now i guess i need to find another number

Hi,

The best way to book the wimax connection is by calling 30337777 and when the auto respeonse system starts, press 2 and then 0 and talk to a customer care rep and book the connection with them. The reason i say this is coz when i booked mine, i contacted some dumbf*****k and he took 23 days to get things done for me and i had to call the deployment manager reliance to get my connection started.

vishalk said:
Hi,

The best way to book the wimax connection is by calling 30337777 and when the auto respeonse system starts, press 2 and then 0 and talk to a customer care rep and book the connection with them. The reason i say this is coz when i booked mine, i contacted some dumbf*****k and he took 23 days to get things done for me and i had to call the deployment manager reliance to get my connection started.

i called the same number next day a guy calls me for landline broadband..i said straight interested in wimax..he said thats another dept...they will call u later..but if u interested than call me for landline...i said thanks but no thanks....so in short he will say the concern party not interested thats the reason 2 more days have passed and still no call received ...will call harshal tonight as busy right now

cyberjunkie said:
Start > Run. ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

I used Steam to get/refresh a list of Asian servers and then some European ones.

aah... good ol ping comman ;) knew that.. i meant how'd you know which country ;D

How'z the connection now ? Surprisingly stable! in my area at least!
Downtimes ? Twice in 3 months that too for server upgrades and it started working after the time specified by the customer care and that was 3 hours
Speeds ? As promised: have a 400kbps, and get 49-50kbps constantly
Login/logout as in Session timeouts ? every 24 hours, don't have any idea about the workaround
Customer care ? Preety good experience for me as of now with all the three calls made to them.. I recieved the call from the concerned people within 2 hours time.

Emperor said:
Where are you all from? Any one near Mira-Bhayander have any experience?
Yeah I live in Bhyander and amazing as some many people have mentioned in the forum.

The experience so far has been good as of now planning to upgrade to 600kbps plan from Jan.
Any help with the session thing would be really appreciated.

^ Thanks for your inputs Deepak.

In case you missed it.. frank provided a workaround for the session timeout a couple of pages back ! Reverse a little ;)

Which wifi router would be good to go with the wimax setup ?

And ya..

What's the difference between a wifi router + access point and just a wifi router ?

Updates:

Bought the WRT54G2 for 2219/-

Works like a charm. Awesome 5 minute setup !!

I have wireless net access on my laptop and phone now.

Now..

How do i access the primary pc as if i am on a normal lan ?

As in, how do i browse folders / copy / transfer files ?

I had subscribed to Reliance Wimax about a year back and I was having lots of issues with acquiring IP address through DHCP. So had to fall back to MTNL.

Are all those problems ironed out now? I stay in Andheri, Mumbai.

Back