New Powerful Wireless Router

Hi Folks,

So the decade old WGR614v7 is now officially dead and I'm in the market for a new router. I need a basic WiFi router without modem built in.

The main feature I am looking for is the range.I'm talking about a signal that's available to the ground, first and second floor and within a radius of 20 feet.

I was particular about the new router being a Linksys but I have been hearing good things about brands like TP-Link. If the router that does the needful for cheap, nothing can beat that!

Budget is not a problem. I can spare around Rs. 6000 for this purchase which I believe should be good enough, is it?

Netgear WNDR3700 is a powerful router which is around 6.5K . It is a dual band router with a strong cpu, 64 MB ram and usb port for file sharing. Range of a wireless router depends on the placement and the obstructions, so it varies a lot from case to case.

Arihant.EXE - Have you yet decided on which router to buy?

As a matter of fact, I have bought one. The TP-Link WR941D. It's touted as one of the best budget router with excellent range and DD-WRT support. The reviews suggested that the range with 3 omnidirectional antennae is excellent and will meet my requirements.

I bought it for Rs. 2510. Waiting for the delivery right now.

Back