New Phone budget 12-13k

aytus

Disciple
Hi, guys, I want to buy a new phone in approximatly 12k range. I am looking for a good web browsing phone so wi-fi and a touchscreen are a basic requisition. (A)GPS and a decent cam for occasional shots also seem to be a good idea. Im not a fan of qwerty though as i dont text often.

The only phone i am considering till now is 5800 but dont have any hands on experience with that. Ive had some with samsnung star but it felt too lousy wiht the general interface, didnt try the browser as the phone had no internet access.

Apart from these anybody knows the price for Omnia HD i8910??

Nokia 5800 All the way. Got it a week back and loving it. Apart from the basic features like touchscreen, great music, decent cam, it comes with advanced features like A-gps, wifi and 3G. Can't ask for anything more in this price range. Best VFM phone in my opinion. :hap2:

5800 is a good phone but mind you, plz don't upgrade the Firmware. My Friends had a Tough Time after Upgrading the Firmware including the Hangup Displays...

^^^
Mine came with V30 preinstalled. However I know V31 is already out but in Ovi Suite and OTA update checks, it says no updates found. Anyway I'm not planning to upgrade the firmware.

aytus said:
Apart from these anybody knows the price for Omnia HD i8910??

i8910 Omnia HD costs Rs 26200/- here in delhi. just got 3 weeks backs from gaffar for a bit less.

5800 is complete VFM. Go for it. Eyes Closed.

Nokia 5800XM FTW!!!

Stay away from these java based samsung phones. The platform will soon be abandoned by Samsung as they are working on Bada OS.

ok. guys but before taking the plunge i would like to clarify some issues:

1. Is the screen responsive enough? sure it,s not an iphone but still it needs to be way better then the samsung star.

2. Is the general Interface fast enough?

3. How is the web browser // ive heard that there are some issues with higher resolution youtube videos.. can anyone with some hands-on experience conform these?

also how is the support for 3rd party apps?

1) Yes. Not sure about samsung star but it has got good touch response. when compared to motorola E6, it's lot lot lot better.
2) From what I heard, this GUI is lot better than that in star and corby
3) haven't tried youtube videos. they don't run on opera.

aytus said:
ok. guys but before taking the plunge i would like to clarify some issues:
1. Is the screen responsive enough? sure it,s not an iphone but still it needs to be way better then the samsung star.
2. Is the general Interface fast enough?
3. How is the web browser // ive heard that there are some issues with higher resolution youtube videos.. can anyone with some hands-on experience conform these?
also how is the support for 3rd party apps?

1 - Screen resposiveness is very good. No worries here.
2 - General interface is fast and doesn't lock up or hang.
3 - Browser is very good. Mobile version of youtube works flawlessly, however haven't tried the full youtube version. Using Opera mobile as web browser for youtube launches the realplayer for playing videos and it works neatly as well.
4 - Plenty of third party apps available for S60 v5. It's the same OS for N97, N97 Mini, 5800 and the upcoming models like 5530 and so on.

guys is it true that the new 5800XM has lost its TV out capabilities? and the bundled cable ? Wots the approximate cost of the cable in retail?

Well, if the wifi/gps and a non-qwerty keypad are the only things you are looking for, then I would suggest the Asus P750 (if you are ok with WM). Costs Rs. 12.5k approximately here in Bangalore.

no. that capability is wiped off completely. If you are lucky, you can find the older stock that still comes with all the goodies.

1. has any of you tried playing from tv out on newer models? is firmware upgrade doing any difference here?

2.wots the fuss about extra warranty?

3. ok so the package is shrunk but nobody mentioned anything about the 8GB mem card , is that still included in the bundle?

4.Are the new firmwares any faster/stable etc.

5. where can i find samples of some pictures taken by some actual users in actual scenerios,

Back