Budget Above 25K New Phone Advice Please...Really Confused I am.

dilpreet

Disciple
Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 35K(Can Extend lil bit if its really worth it)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5.2"-5.5", Frankly speaking i cant figure out the difference in most of the screens.All i need is minimum of Full HD resolution(I know it sound silly)

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Marshmallow and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G Minimum(Planning to go for JIO sim :)

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network.I prefer a known brand.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera,Emails,Facebook,Whatsapp(I dont do gaming and all and use the phone for general stuff)

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A:I am currently using Xperia Z2 and i am damn happy with this handset.No issues since i have owned it.Loved every moment.My priority is good camera and good battery life.My current phone gives me approx 5/5+Hours SOT with 40% brightness and lasts easily for 1.5-2 days.The usage is moderate throughout.Prefer a SD card slot otherwise the current SD card will get wasted.Otherwise 64 GB will suffice for me.
Sony almost provided Vanila Andriod experience which even i prefer.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: One Plus 3(But Battery is a concern),Xperia X dual(But price is not worth i guess)

@aadi007 Well No offense to anyone but i dont know i dont get that feeling.Now one can definitely argue that based upon my requirements the MI5 meets all the requirements and there is no harm in going with it bit i would like to wait for the pixel launch and see if they bring anything really interesting to the table.If it doesnt work then i might consider Mi but as of now my preference is to go with the known brands.Infact i was about to order the Nexus 6p as i have heard that it has a good battery life but when you told me that google is about to launch its next lineup i thought of waiting.I hope that after the release of their new phones 6p will take a price cut .

@aadi007 Well No offense to anyone but i dont know i dont get that feeling.Now one can definitely argue that based upon my requirements the MI5 meets all the requirements and there is no harm in going with it bit i would like to wait for the pixel launch and see if they bring anything really interesting to the table.If it doesnt work then i might consider Mi but as of now my preference is to go with the known brands.Infact i was about to order the Nexus 6p as i have heard that it has a good battery life but when you told me that google is about to launch its next lineup i thought of waiting.I hope that after the release of their new phones 6p will take a price cut .

Makes sense to wait for Pixel phones when you have a flexible budget. One thing for sure is that the Pixel phones will cost more..I expect 35K+ for the 5" one and 45K for the 5.5" one.
I am not going for MI5 for the following reasons -
1> Quite a few people reported relatively poor Wifi and 4G connectivity leading to fequent drops. This is not acceptable to me. Network connectivity has to be top notch as that is the primary reason for buying a smartphone
2> The camera is sub par relative to competition like Oneplus 3 in indoor or low light conditions ( OP3,Zenfone 3 and MI5 all use the same IMX298 sensor though but OP3 seems to have done a better software optimization of the sensor)

Get S7 on eBay for 34990 - 10% coupon = ₹31500/-

Just check bands.

Or else wait for Honor 8 but Honor 8 will be priced for 30k+ and imho it's not worth above 30k.

What is the 10% coupon code?
I am expecting Honor 8 to be priced just below 30K, around 28K.
The main advantage of the Honor 8 over MI5 will be a better camera and superior network connectivity.
Advantage over the OP3 would be a more compact size, better camera and and better battery life.
OP3 and MI5 scrores over the Honor 8 in the GPU tests but all the reviews say that Honor 8 can handle any game thrown at it. Since I am not a gamer, it does not matter to me. The CPU performance is top notch and can match or beat MI5/OP3.

I am waiting for the launch of ZUK Z2/Honor 8/Pixel phones. All of these should be launched by October. So, I will decide then.
My preference is to go for the Pixel phone if it is priced within my budget.

Makes sense to wait for Pixel phones when you have a flexible budget. One thing for sure is that the Pixel phones will cost more..I expect 35K+ for the 5" one and 45K for the 5.5" one.
I am not going for MI5 for the following reasons -
1> Quite a few people reported relatively poor Wifi and 4G connectivity leading to fequent drops. This is not acceptable to me. Network connectivity has to be top notch as that is the primary reason for buying a smartphone
2> The camera is sub par relative to competition like Oneplus 3 in indoor or low light conditions ( OP3,Zenfone 3 and MI5 all use the same IMX298 sensor though but OP3 seems to have done a better software optimization of the sensor)

What is the 10% coupon code?
I am expecting Honor 8 to be priced just below 30K, around 28K.
The main advantage of the Honor 8 over MI5 will be a better camera and superior network connectivity.
Advantage over the OP3 would be a more compact size, better camera and and better battery life.
OP3 and MI5 scrores over the Honor 8 in the GPU tests but all the reviews say that Honor 8 can handle any game thrown at it. Since I am not a gamer, it does not matter to me. The CPU performance is top notch and can match or beat MI5/OP3.

I am waiting for the launch of ZUK Z2/Honor 8/Pixel phones. All of these should be launched by October. So, I will decide then.
My preference is to go for the Pixel phone if it is priced within my budget.
The coupon you apply for checkout
EXTRAOFFR1
EXTRAOFFR3
EXTRAOFFR4

All are account specific.
You will get an email from eBay in mailbox.

If you are buying now I guess S7 will be a wise choice.

Honor 8 EMUI is bloated and memory hungry.

@aadi007 I agree with u bro on all the points and thats why even i am waiting for the pixel lunch.Even for me the priority is camera battery and call quality since i am not a gamer.
Also would like to know from you about the zuk z2. Whats so Special about it.I believe its a chinese brand.isnt it?

ZUK is Lenovo's sub brand. In India they are launching as Lenovo Z2 plus (no ZUK name anywhere).
My interest in ZUK 2 is due to following reasons -
1> Compact size - 5" screen
2> latest chipset - SD820 - same performance as OP3
3> enough RAM n storage - 4GB/64GB
4> Huge battery - 3500 mah. With small screen and this big battery, it should give amazing battery life.

Only unknown is the camera. It is using some Samsung sensor and looks like it is not as good as OP3. But we will get better feedback once it is launched.
Also, it will be priced well - <25K.

My only worry about the Pixel phone is the small-ish battery. But we need to wait for reviews and feedback from users before jumping to a conclusion.

@koolcoolkg
I am also a bit concerned about the EMUI in Honor 8. But all reviews are saying that EMUI latest 4.x version is pretty good and much improved.
But I dont have experience with it. GSMARENA has a detailed review of Honor 8 and they are pretty pleased with the UI.
The S7 is a steal at that price but I am skeptical to put more than 30K on a phone without proper warranty.

@aadi007 -The specs are killer but what i have heard about lenovo phones is that their software sucks big time and i am not sure if thats true or not.Thats what i have heard from a couple of ppl who have used it.[DOUBLEPOST=1473935601][/DOUBLEPOST]I have checked on EBAY.IN and i am getting 32 gb S7 for 40990 after applying the coupon code from Top seller with Manufacturer warranty.

Last edited:
@aadi007 -The specs are killer but what i have heard about lenovo phones is that their software sucks big time and i am not sure if thats true or not.Thats what i have heard from a couple of ppl who have used it.[DOUBLEPOST=1473935601][/DOUBLEPOST]I have checked on EBAY.IN and i am getting 32 gb S7 for 40990 after applying the coupon code from Top seller with Manufacturer warranty.
Zuk 1 was launched with Cyanogen OS which is near stock. I think they'll do the same for Zuk 2 as well. For everything else, they put Vibe UI skin.

^^
Should be around 20-22K for the 3GB/32GB version and 24-25K for the 4GB/64GB.
My main concern is the camera..else everything looks good.

PS - Another thing to check is the UX/OS etc. I think since this is kind of positioned as a flagship phone for Lenovo, they will provide updates etc. I dont think they are going with Cyanogen OS

Although p9 and honor 8 has dual cams its performance is not in the league of iphones or s7 as web reviews suggest . op3 will be the best bet under 30k but dont expect s7 or 6s like cam performance

Although p9 and honor 8 has dual cams its performance is not in the league of iphones or s7 as web reviews suggest . op3 will be the best bet under 30k but dont expect s7 or 6s like cam performance
Honor 8/P9 have better dynamic range than S7 and way better than Iphone 6S/6.
S7 has better low light performance due to wider aperture.
OP3 images have very less detail as they do heavy noise reduction .. also OP3 increase the exposure artifically to make images look bright. dynamic range of OP3 is nowhere near Honor 8 or S7.
Overall, S7 has the best camera.
My rating : S7> Honor 8/P9>Iphone 6s>OP3>MI 5

Fellas now since the price of 6s has gone down do u think its worth to buy one.i have used android all this time But do u think i should switch to iphone. Is the price justified?

Hello guys, I'm in Oman and bought p9 3 days back. Don't know how much it would cost in India but I got it 33k INR.
Honor 8 is
3.5k cheaper
I would suggest if you are not a gamer and don't care about brands then go for it.

Back