Budget 0-20k New PC Config Required

krishnandu

Skilled
Hi All,
One of my friend was asking for a config, as his CPU has gone kaput. So he'll only be keeping the monitor and rest he'll have to buy new.
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Samsung
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Samsung
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • I haven't fixed anything. You can suggest what's VFM in this budget
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No, will not upgrade anything in near future
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Kolkata
    • Will buy from Local Shops
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Running Visual Studio 2015 & SQL Server 2014
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No AMD based configs. Don't know the reason.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No gaming.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. No idea, what's his current monitor resolution.
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10
One more thing, except these components within 30k he'd like to get one SSD within 6-7k. So please suggest one SSD within 6-7k.

Last edited:
Not sure about the components required as I don't know/use the softwares mentioned besides the issue with the low budget. I recently built a basic system using a Haswell Pentium processor and spent around 30k for it. But for the SSD you'll be able to get a 120GB-240GB. The Samsung 850 series are good SSD's. Get the 850 Evo if it falls in your budget. Check out the reviews section, some members did some SSD reviews. https://www.techenclave.com/community/forums/reviews-and-guides.28/

Running SQL Server/VS on a machine in that price range will be a PITA.To be safe at least a dual core Core series CPU will be needed.
On top of that MS stuff happily keeps on gobbling up the RAM as it is thrown at it.

I myself run into issues with large SSIS packages on my office laptop with i5-4300U and 8 GB RAM.

I guess you will be running Standard Edition on it.If it is for personal use then you can stretch a bit to 25-30k and you can live with it to some extent.Forget the SSD as you better spend the money saved on CPU/RAM upgrades.If it is for some sort of professional use you need to stretch more.

Actually its for personal use. Just for practising. Can you please suggest i3 based config? I think that will come within this budget and be okay for running VS and SQL Server just for practise.

Actually its for personal use. Just for practising. Can you please suggest i3 based config? I think that will come within this budget and be okay for running VS and SQL Server just for practise.

Intel Core i3 4130 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 4th Gen Rs 7950
Asus MotherBoard H81M-CS Rs 3750
Transcend DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Rs 2100
Seagate 1 TB SATA Desktop 3.5" Internal HDD Rs 3700
iBall Cabinet Rs 1800(Not too sure about this)
Logitech MK200 USB 2.0 KB/Mouse Combo Rs 770

Total Rs. 20070(VAT included)

I would suggest going for 8 GB RAM if possible.
Transcend DDR3 1333MHz 8GB Rs 3500
If not go for 4 GB and then buy another 4 GB if needed.

500 GB hard drive is not much cheaper than 1 TB.The street prices in Chandni might be a little bit more in some cases and lesser in some cases.
Go to Technocrat/MD Computers/Velocity in that order.Get their quotes first and then commit.

Processor Intel i3 4150 7,500
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 3,600
Memory
Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz 3,000
Power Supply
Antec VP500PC 3,300
Cabinet
Cooler Master Elite 311 2,600
Internal Storage
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD 3,300
Keyboard/Mouse
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo 700
SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 4,500

Total -28,500

Processor - AMD A4 - 3300 2.5GHz - Rs.3,300
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-A55M-DS2 - Rs.3,550
RAM - 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Rs.750
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 500GB - Rs.3700
Optical Drive - LG GH22 SATA 22x DVD writer - Rs.950
Display - Acer S191HQL 19inch LED
Keyboard/Mouse - Logitech
Speakers - Creative SBS A35
Case - iBall Engine X - Rs.1650
PSU - Included with PC case 400watts

Guys, my friend has increased his budget to 30k and looking for i5 based config. Can you please suggest an i5 based config within 30k?

Well I think its difficult for you to get i5 based config within 30k. If you find any, then please post it. :) :)

Hi @Steven Dsouza Well, in that case can you please provide one i5 based config which can run VS2015 and SQL Server 2014 on lowest possible cost.

BTW I mean 30k without SSD.

What I mean is, if he needs to add 10k more, I'll tell him that in 30k it's not possible. So I'll suggest him to go for i3 based config within 20k else for i5 he have to bump up 20k more.

What do you guys think about the below one?

Processor : Intel i5 4440 @ 13k
Motherboard : Asus B85M-G @ 6.5k
RAM : Kingston HyperX Fury DD3 8GB 1600 MHz @ 3k
PSU : Seasonic S12II 520 @ 4.8k
Cabinet : Cooler Master Elite 311 @ 2.6k
Internal Storage : WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD @ 3.3k
Keyboard/Mouse : Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo @ 700/-

That looks like a copy/paste post but tell him to go for it if he has the money.

Hahaha..!! Ofcourse it is, I have no idea about configurations. I copied it from various posts from TE & TDF.

This is coming for 35k approx. And he's saying he can afford this. So should I finalize the config? Or you guys would like to change anything?

No need to change anything but expect the actual prices to be higher than that. That price quote seems to be an old one. They have increased since.

Yeah I got it. I have passed this config to him and mentioned that the market prices may be higher and can cost upto 40k. So finally it's upto him to decide.

Back