Monitors New Monitor purchase

guys im goin to be buyin a new monitor...

tell me if lcd is a good choice.... does lcd give a kinda lag when playin games..???

i`ll be looking to buy a 17 or 19 inch monitor...

what are the good models that i should be lookin at.. and ya.. i`ll be buyin at chennai .. mostly delta...
so models prices .. anyinfo available will be of great help...

thanx...

Lag on LCDs isnt a problem these days, with most screens rated as having a response time < 8ms. LCD is a good choice - space and power consumption wise. The only down-side is that most LCD screens available here are TN-panels and as you know, they arent that accurate in terms of color reproduction.

Saiyan picked up the VA1912wb-3 for around 13.7k recently from Delta.

ok 2 questions...
between the va1912wb and vg1921wm models in viewsonic wats the diff.???

and is is better to go for one of the viewsonic models or the samsung 740...
i`ll be using the monitor till it goes kaput... or till there is some thing like 3d rendering or watever startrek stuff... basically till a must upgrade situation...
so tell me whic is better...
and among these models whic is allround best...
movie watchin... gamin... everything...

The 740N is a decent panel too - quite a few folks around here have it as well, so you can probably wait for em to reply.

Comparing the VA1912wb and the 740N is not really ideal - one is a 19" widescreen while the other is a 17" screen. Obviously the one with the larger screen size is preferred ! Apart from screen size, the two should be fairly similar :)

About the VG1921wm - are you sure its available here? AFAIK it was just released abroad, so should probably take a while till it lands up here.

Wait for few more days as viewsonic will roll out its new range of LCD panels.

If u are keen on the 19 inch then view sonic has a new one coming out.

If u r in a hurry then pick up what saiyan took VA1912WB-3

i dont mind waiting... but the thing is i wanna know if when the new models come out.. is it goin to affect the older models price by much...

like when i bought a proccy around june july... i had a choice between x2 and opt. and if i had taken the x2 for something like 16k ... then within a week the prices were 50%..
basically there shouldnt be such a huge drop... and a newer model wit better features for a price im willin to pay now... thats wat i wanna kno.

approx 10-15 days??

IMO the 740N just plain sucks... I have assembled a 5 740Ns, but I hate to give it to any1... But since its most common in the market ppl want that and I give it!!

But seriously Hyundai in 17" is the best... while Viewsonic VP930 is best in 19"... but availability for this one can be a prob. or get the ViewSonic VP191b.

@sunbiz...
can u give me some approx rates for the models..
thanx..

also i was thinkin of the viewsonic 19inch wide screen one...va1912wb i think. ~13k..

I've got the 740N for the past 9 months and it's a very decent monitor, no blurring or ghosting ... in the current situation the 19" viewsonic would be a good choice

Hyundai L70N isnt official distributed in India...but if u have some1 in the US or Dubai or get it in grey (I saw one a month back for 10.5k at lammy), its worth the buy. In the US u get it for $180 or lower.

As for widescreen, I dont think its worth the buck coz u dont get enough vertical resolution. As for ViewSonic VP930 its for ~18k in Mumbai.

There are few others I dont remember which use the MVA panel thats in Viewsonic (Overdrive MVA). Buy an LCD with that panel and its incomparable to any other LCD ppl are gonna buy in India in the next 5 yrs!

I have been reading a lot about the Samsung 740N about how bad it is. It has even been called 'blurry garbage' in one of the posts. Well, I have just been using 740N for 3 months now but it is definitely not 'blurry garbage'.

I watch TV on it, play some games NFS MostWanted in particular and I can safely say that there is no blur (Touchwood!). You have to see at what price it is available. It is a good monitor at the price that its available. Not everybody can afford to buy the latest and best hardware however one may so desire. If you have the bucks by all means go for the best. But if your budget is limited, then 740N is a good choice.

BTW, the MagicTune software is great too. Just download it from Samsung's website and try it. It is a nice value addition to the monitor.

ok guys the VA1912wb-3 is final ...i`ll be buying it today or tomorrow..
and now wat i need to know is the rate...i`ll be getting from delta.
whats is the rate anyone got any idea...
i`ll be mailin them .. but till then...

Back