New Logitech G29: Right Knob Won't Rotate

Neotheone

Figuring stuff out
Adept
Hi everyone. I got a G29 and it worked fine for a little while but for some reason, now I am not able to rotate the right knob so that it fits on my gaming desk. Its day one, so I am tempted to consider seeking a replacement, but do not really want to do it in case its a common issue with known easy fix. I did search a bit on reddit and came to this solution which seems to involve opening the screws but that could void the waranty so I am not keen to do that.

Here's the link anyway:
Thanks !

PS: The issue is fixed. I just tried something else on that same reddit link and it worked. Here it is, just in case someone else searches for it:

Weird_Carpenter216
5mo ago

My Solution: grab a shoelace/string, loop it once/twice around the knob and pull on one side back and forward

Last edited:
My Solution: grab a shoelace/string, loop it once/twice around the knob and pull on one side back and forward
Must have gotten cross threaded, if simply yanking it out fixed it. It's better to prevent this from happening again, as you could break the thread or head of the clamp screw (these are all plastic) while fixing it this way. So, make sure you don't apply any directional force on the clamp screw as you are resting your hand on it while screwing or unscrewing.

Congrats on your purchase!

Never happened with my G29 but good to know.
How are you finding the experience and what games are you playing/planning to play?
Hey I'm just starting off , trying a wheel out for the first time. I'm open to suggestions. I have installed and tried bits of Assetto Corsa Competizione , Forza Horizon 5 now. Struggling a little bit with getting the hang of it for now. Hopefully the learning curve won't be too steep.
Congrats on your purchase
Thanks for the wishes and also for the helpful tip! :)

Hey I'm just starting off , trying a wheel out for the first time. I'm open to suggestions.
Here are couple thread you can go through.

They're not long but insightful. Enjoy your purchase.

Here are couple thread you can go through.

They're not long but insightful. Enjoy your purchase.
This is valuable. Thanks! :)

Back