New launch - Samsung Galaxy 551 I5510 @ 12.8k

I am too thinking about this, i checked a few shops at Powai , Mumbai but its not out yet.

How long does it take for flipkart to deliver products.

samsung_galaxy_551.jpg

Pros
+ Android 2.2
+ Full Qwerty Slider

Interesting Android Device and well priced at 12~13K.

Samsung Galaxy 551 - Full phone specifications

^yup, the resolution and the processor are the only downers I think. I'm still deciding between the LG O1 and this one. Time to ditch my Galaxy Spica I guess. How much should my Spica fetch here? Any idea anybody? It was bought in January 2010.

Deepak said:
one minus with the phone as well:- its 320 x 240 resolution screen :(
Not 320 X 240, the resolution is 240 X 400(same as the galaxy 3. It is after all just a galaxy 3 with qwerty). But it lags behind the optimus one which has 320 X 480, 512 MB RAM and 3D graphics

flooding market with variants of Bada 1.1 / 1.2 did not work i suppose.

why care to launch devices with scrappy resolutions ?

my friend who chose galaxy3 over moto quench xt3 is having horrible time with applications..many of them crash due to odd resolution....

skype, adw launcher are a few to name.

madnav said:

my friend who chose galaxy3 over moto quench xt3 is having horrible time with applications..many of them crash due to odd resolution....

Yea honestly, the Spica was a great phone. I was expecting even better things from its successor. And they managed to give us this :/

madnav said:

So all the apps work flawlesssly with lg optimus one.

u sure skype doesnt work on galaxy 3

You cant really say it works flawlessly. But its certainly faster than Spica. The app Drawer on launcher pro is a lot smoother than spica. Was playing Angry Birds on it for sometime. There was some lag. But playable. So its still a mid range phone which has its limitations. Dont expect it to be super smooth.

Finally a decently priced android with froyo, 3G and Qwerty keyboard. Only missing thing in my wishlist is secondary camera for video calling but I can live without it. Most probably that's my next phone. :)

Quad Master said:
So all the apps work flawlesssly with lg optimus one.

u sure skype doesnt work on galaxy 3
skype installs.

you can login and chat.

but try to call or try to receive call through skype and it force closes every time.

skype issued an update for resolution below 320x480 but that only meant 320x240.

240x400 still remains an odd resolution.

there is an lcd density app which i have to try to make things work.

the user of that galaxy 3 is a chic and i dont want to root the device and explain how it voids warranty (which can be managed by loading stock rom)

all she understands is that nokia 5800 works fine with skype and galaxy 3 doesnt.

adw launcher force closes at random while normal usage and almost 2/3 times if changing themes.

the device is very unresponsive after loading a few apps.

hopefully froyo shall solve some issues if not all incase if these are related to firmware.

but by then there will be a plethora of androids with froyo in the same price range with better specs.

i wouldn't advice this device to anyone.

madnav said:
skype installs.

you can login and chat.

but try to call or try to receive call through skype and it force closes every time.

skype issues an update for resolution below 320x480 but that only meant 320x240.

240x400 still remains an odd aspect ration.

there is an lcd density app which i have to try to make things work.

the user of that galaxy 3 is a chic and i dont want to root the device and explain how it voids warranty (which can be managed by loading stock rom)

all this understands is that nokia 5800 works fine with skype and galaxy 3 doesnt.

adw launcher force closes at random while normal usage and almost 2/3 times if changing themes.

the device is very unresponsive after loading a few apps.

hopefully froyo shall solve some issues if not all incase if these are related to firmware.

bu by then there will be a plethora of androids with froyo in the same price range with better specs.

i wouldn't advice this device to anyone.
Thanks a lot for ur inputs.

Skype text chat works perfectly na thats fine by me.

Quad Master said:
I am only skeptic about LG's quality , samsung is better quality wise.

How the existing LG O1 Users thinking about there buy.
Got the phone last week.. it works well - Build Quality is good it feels solid. There's easily noticeable lag while playing advanced levels of Angry Birds. Otherwise a decent phone. Beware of the 40 pre-installed apps on the lg- it comes with shitty apps like Bollywoodji, AG Indian newspapers, Indian Music, PNR status checker etc.. You can't remove those unless you root the fone.

Excuse me for the n00b question but from what I have heard the Optimus One doesnt support flash.
Does that mean I wont be able to see youtube videos and stuff on it?

Darthcoder said:
Excuse me for the n00b question but from what I have heard the Optimus One doesnt support flash.

Does that mean I wont be able to see youtube videos and stuff on it?
most of the android phones have youtube app which lets you view youtube videos

Back