New Laptop - Which gives best resale value?

Hi All,

I would be moving abroad (that's UK) until Jan 2012.

I require a laptop, with good processor (Core i5 Min) Good battery life and with a graphic card & International warranty.

The main query is I would be selling the laptop once i return back.

Which laptop would give me the best resale value and easy to sell as well?

Open to any brand and during sale that would have the international warranty.

Thiru

MSI gives the best bang for buck but doesn't have the best resale value everywhere. Asus doesn't have VFM graphic cards atm. Go for Dell for resale value or MSI for back for buck!

A Macbook Pro. Great battery life. And easily the best resale value and ease of resale. When reselling, you can get the Apple care plan in the country you are planning selling in. The basic warranty for 1 year is valid everywhere. I think Apple Care (that extends warranty to 3 years), is country specific.

my advice---Dell XPS 15 ----great resale value because of its super support!!! you cannot go wrong here...just remember to ask the sales rep about international warranty!!

^^ Agree. A Macbook will give you the best resale value. But if for some reason, you don't want to buy it, stick to the more known brands in India like Dell, Sony, HP, Lenovo, etc.

I have an XPS15 and i recommend MBP 15" with i5/i7 anyday over any laptop... Its the bets lappy.. .Except for price tag.

If i had that money,i would have gone for MBP eyes closed....

Thanks guys for the replies...

One more thing...

How much can we expect on the 13inch base model macbook pro (i5 SB, Unibody) bought now, when sold on Dec2010/ jan2011?

Back